• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else worried?

halonatic13

3 Angel employees from our GM and scouting dept have now gone to other teams.  Dipoto, Servais & Klentak?  Did we miss something here?  I think Dipoto put together a great team, but it just didn't work here because of the manager & owner.  These guys are obviously a demand and we had all of them.  Wish we could have seen what would have happened in 5 more years (without Mike S.)

According to some here, Jerry and his staff were in over there heads, that Artie hired a bunch of amateurs who had no place in higher management. Well, I think this shatters that theory. All of them instantly have new jobs, some with promotion. Other teams know the inside out of our organization, where the pitfall of certain individuals/environment, Other teams have thoroughly looked into our situations and reached a conclusion of the disarray with the hiring of Jerry, Servasis and now Klentak. What does tell you ?

When Dipoto took over he flushed the office staff along with many long tenured scouts and replaced them with Servais, Klentak and his guys. So what is the big deal, it happens in nearly every organization when a GM is replaced?

And seenoevil, why is it you live entirely in a world of made up fiction?

Edited by notti

According to some here, Jerry and his staff were in over there heads, that Artie hired a bunch of amateurs who had no place in higher management. Well, I think this shatters that theory. All of them instantly have new jobs, some with promotion. Other teams know the inside out of our organization, where the pitfall of certain individuals/environment, Other teams have thoroughly looked into our situations and reached a conclusion of the disarray with the hiring of Jerry, Servasis and now Klentak. What does tell you ?

only that you are batshit crazy

Yes because the JeDi genius brought us Pujols, Hamilton, Blanton, Burnett, Madson, Ibanez, Frieri, Joyce, Iannetta, Hansen, Wilson, Grube and LeBlanc. Thank you Jerry!

Pujols and Hamilton were all Arte, so cool your jets.

He's also the "genius" that flipped a year of Howie for 6 of Heaney, traded our backup catcher for our starting catcher and a pretty good pitching prospect, signed Aybar and Trout to very friendly deals, was a main component in moving Richards to the rotation full time, got us Scott Servais, traded a bunch of nobodies for Street and Gott, flipped Frieri for Grilli, traded a minor league reliever for Giavotella, and got rid of Mathis AND Wells. "Thank you, Jerry!"

Gee, sure is easy to take a lot of negatives from a baseball front office seeing as a number of moves flop, oh but look there, I found the positives by just looking the other way. And are we really bitching about Wade LeBlanc and Jarrett Grube? Two guys signed on minor league deals. That's a pretty weak argument that is beyond stretching for some sort of substance.

Edited by nikkachez

Jesus, here come the overreactions. People, this happens everytime a new GM is brought aboard. People will get offered other, perhaps better, positions with other franchises, or they like specific personnel and tag along with the departing ones (see Dipoto and Servais). Eppler will add his own people and we'll see who they are.

And above all, we hardly have any clue what these guys actually do or what their impact on the franchise is. Eppler will bring some guys into the mix, and we'll see what happens. But for now, I'm just chilling because it's really not a big deal (even if I liked Klentak). I wish him luck with Philly.

Why do you guys still respond to seenoevil ? Mostly he won't dialogue with you. He just jumps from thread to thread spewing his shitty annoying nonsense. He's literally the definition of a message board troll. Which reminds me, I need to block him.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Maybe Eppler would have wanted to bring in his own people. Remember the Sevais was hired by JO, who said he was a future manager. Klentak was hired by the Phillies because he already had a working relationship with McPhail. It is now up to Eppler to bring in new blood to help him to continue the rebuild of the organization.

Maybe Eppler would have wanted to bring in his own people. Remember the Sevais was hired by JO, who said he was a future manager. Klentak was hired by the Phillies because he already had a working relationship with McPhail. It is now up to Eppler to bring in new blood to help him to continue the rebuild of the organization.[/quote

Thank you, a voice of reason

Pujols and Hamilton were all Arte, so cool your jets.

He's also the "genius" that flipped a year of Howie for 6 of Heaney, traded our backup catcher for our starting catcher and a pretty good pitching prospect, signed Aybar and Trout to very friendly deals, was a main component in moving Richards to the rotation full time, got us Scott Servais, traded a bunch of nobodies for Street and Gott, flipped Frieri for Grilli, traded a minor league reliever for Giavotella, and got rid of Mathis AND Wells. "Thank you, Jerry!"

Gee, sure is easy to take a lot of negatives from a baseball front office seeing as a number of moves flop, oh but look there, I found the positives by just looking the other way. And are we really bitching about Wade LeBlanc and Jarrett Grube? Two guys signed on minor league deals. That's a pretty weak argument that is beyond stretching for some sort of substance.

I believe that Eppler will do a much better job and build a sustainable winner. But he needs to clean house first. I'm thinking 2018 before we see a very consistant and competitive team again in Anaheim. Assuming Arte doesn't move from Anaheim. :)

I look at it this way:

I would much prefer that Scioscia not be the lord of all that he surveys, but team ownership doesn't seem interested in changing this. It is a screwed up chain of command. Within that dynamic, a strong, take-charge personality like Jerry Dipoto wasn't going to work here. Eppler has already made changes in the coaching staff, and at least publicly he and Scioscia get along. Given the setup that we have, perhaps this is best for the Angels and for Dipoto.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

A post I made in the Klentak thread applies here...so sorry if you read it before, but...

It appears that top baseball minds around the country, the people that do this for a living and hire and fire top level executives.. don't blame the Dipoto led front office, for the Angels ineptitude on the field, like the Scioscia nutswingers (Jerry haters) around here do.

TWO of them hired away, before the season is even finished, to GM positions, and another to be a major league manager.

Impressive graduating class, I'd say.

People that know, know where the REAL problems with the organization lie.

But Arte can't fire himself, and he won't part with his beloved Catorce...

So I guess Angels fans are stuck with them for another few years.

Klentak and Servais our the ones who orchestrated the trades at the deadline

And Scioscia instructed them that he has always preferred, and would only play, experienced, no hitting, veterans. So they went shopping for what he wanted, and got him DeJusus and Victorino.

Edited by Homebrewer

Scioscia is now making arrangements to take his rookie FO staff to Nashville this off-season for the Dec 7-9 baseball winter meetings. Eppler will be going a week earlier to scout and try some new restaurants, and they will all be going up to Memphis and Graceland for a day.

Sosh like to keep these things fun and loose.

good take.

And Scioscia instructed them that he has always preferred, and would only play, experienced, no hitting, veterans. So they went shopping for what he wanted, and got him DeJusus and Victorino.

i dont think that was it as much as the price being too high for anything better.

I know we were all golding our breath for cespedes, but looking at that mets team, its not hard to see how many pieces they could trade for 2 months of aomebody, if they wanted to.

To get a better bat would probably have teams asking for newcomb, and doubt the angels are going to trade him

Why should we be worried ? This stuff happens all the time when new executives are brought in.  If anything we should be happy that to see that good baseball people have been developing within our organization.  Good for Klentak and Servais, now its time for Eppler to bring in people who he feels will align well with his vision for the club, hopefully those folks will also one day be regarded highly by other clubs.  As i've said before, the one guy I would like Eppler to retain is Hal Morris.  I feel that if possible it would be ideal to have continuity with the scouting department in particular. 

Of course that's how it went down because it puts Scioscia in a bad light. What a ****ing joke.