• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else worried?

halonatic13

Homebrewer, on 24 Oct 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Scioscia is now making arrangements to take his rookie FO staff to Nashville this off-season for the Dec 7-9 baseball winter meetings. Eppler will be going a week earlier to scout and try some new restaurants, and they will all be going up to Memphis and Graceland for a day.

Sosh like to keep these things fun and loose.

Underthehalo posted:

good take.

It was SUCH a good take, it was deleted.
Anyone see an infraction of any rule in that post?
Now THAT pisses me off.

Edited by Homebrewer

Maybe it was a thought, however absurd, that hit a little too close to home.

Whoever did delete it, forgot to delete the 'good take' response that quoted it....so other people have seen that it was censored, for no real reason. That was kinda dumb, so I doubt it was chuck, cause he isn't that dumb.

The 'Scioscia is a egomaniacal and vindictive sycophantic psycho' narrative is a dusty fart.  

I don't see any of these people leaving as all that big of a deal.  Klentak was gonna be made a GM for philly regardless of whether Dipoto was still around.  

Dipoto left.  That's pretty much all we know. He's a big boy and had to do what he had to do.  It was natural that he would take Servais and Bogar with him.  

These guys are replaceable.

As long as Arte stays out of the way and people in the front office are allowed to do their job they way they see fit, I have no problem with any of this.  

It's really right place-right time. Organizations love hiring young, rookie managers with former playing experience. So Servais left. They'll also throw crap loads of money at any young baseball fan that has a math or business degree from whatever East Coast college they could dig up. So Klentak is gone.

Dipoto truly was the hybrid. Young, analytically driven GM with scouting and playing experience. So he surrounded himself with a healthy combination of both.

The issue is, Arte is an egomaniac and Scioscia, like any tenured manager refuses to be told what to do. Both are understandable. Arte is filthy rich, and those type of people have the tendency of thinking highly of themselves. Scioscia put in his time and was the face of the organization when they went from nothing to contender. In the social hierarchy, he's earned the right to be hard headed. But the inevitable result is, we lost Dipoto, Klentak, Servais and likely more before its all over.

Now, it appears we have a GM coming from a strong scouting, old school organization. He's a better fit than Dipoto was. Eppler is used to working for a rich egomaniac. He's also accustomed to working with a manager that put in the time. Dipoto, I thinkmwas too good at his job to be able to flourish in that environment.

I think it's a safe bet the following will happen...

1. Eppler will hire a pitching and hitting coach that are willing to do whatever the heck Scioscia wants.

2. Eppler will spend lots of money. It's the Yankee way. It's the Arte way.

3. There will be no more dysfunction. The Angels are a scouting based organization and that makes it easy to be on the same page.

The only thing left to find out is whether this whole scouting instead of analytics thing will pay off. It'll be exciting at least. We already have our A-Rod (Pujols), Sabathia (Weaver) and Teixeira (Hamilton). Now we just need to sign an Ellsbury and a Tanaka.

So I guess that means we'll get Upton and Price.

According to some here, Jerry and his staff were in over there heads, that Artie hired a bunch of amateurs who had no place in higher management. Well, I think this shatters that theory. All of them instantly have new jobs, some with promotion. Other teams know the inside out of our organization, where the pitfall of certain individuals/environment, Other teams have thoroughly looked into our situations and reached a conclusion of the disarray with the hiring of Jerry, Servasis and now Klentak. What does tell you ?

keep-calm-and-be-a-belieber-319.png

According to some here, Jerry and his staff were in over there heads, that Artie hired a bunch of amateurs who had no place in higher management. Well, I think this shatters that theory. All of them instantly have new jobs, some with promotion. Other teams know the inside out of our organization, where the pitfall of certain individuals/environment, Other teams have thoroughly looked into our situations and reached a conclusion of the disarray with the hiring of Jerry, Servasis and now Klentak. What does tell you ?

You realize that all the people Jerry cut loose when he took over also found jobs right away ...  It's called baseball.  It's what happens.    In fact a lot of them joined the Rockies.  

yeah?

Well whoever did might want to PM me with a list of the UNWRITTEN RULES.

No Scioscia jokes of any kind whatsoever?

Sets a bad tone around here.

Those are not jokes you're posting about Scioscia HB, they are called insults.  And try reading the code of conduct for this site.

My skin isn't thin about it.  I'm just reporting what the Code of Conduct says.  I didn't write it, I assume it was written by the Directors of this site.  You can find it on the home page, upper right.  HB doesn't say the things about Scioscia and others in the organization to be cute, he says them to be demeaning, they're insults.  It's his way of expressing that he doesn't respect the person, when you don't respect people you usually get a negative response.

I try not to routinely say things about people I wouldn't say to their face.  I doubt much of what he has to say about Scioscia he would walk up to him and say that to him.  As far as being cute or joking about things, I like to do that here, but I don't tell a funny demeaning joke then repeat the point about a 100 times.  It ceases to be funny, and it turns into something ugly then.

Also there are a lot of things that get said here that are not rooted in fact or become blown out of proportion.  That's just spreading gossip.  On a anonynmous message board that happens a lot.  I think we are getting away from factual evidence a lot here, just to make a personal point, and that's not healthy.

Please disagree with me if you like, but these kind of things turn off participation from many would be members of this site.  I would like to hope that we are encouraging new people to post here with fresh opinions and facts, not discouraging them.

So to go back to HB's original post about it "setting a bad tone around here"  I would say to his face that no it doesn't, it sets a bad tone to insult people in a demeaning way.

Edited by tomsred

Although it might look as a stampede, I think the departure of Servais, Klentak and Bogar facilitates Eppler's job by letting him pick his own team.  Now Eppler will be fully responsible for his baseball operations results since he will be picking all his people. What I didn't like from Klentak, Servais and Bogar is that they did not place their jobs at Eppler's disposition when he arrived; instead, they stayed and started looking for jobs elsewhere not wanting to renounce their hefty paychecks...  They are as selfish as most baseball people.

My skin isn't thin about it.  I'm just reporting what the Code of Conduct says.  I didn't write it, I assume it was written by the Directors of this site.  You can find it on the home page, upper right.  HB doesn't say the things about Scioscia and others in the organization to be cute, he says them to be demeaning, they're insults.  It's his way of expressing that he doesn't respect the person, when you don't respect people you usually get a negative response.

I try not to routinely say things about people I wouldn't say to their face.  I doubt much of what he has to say about Scioscia he would walk up to him and say that to him.  As far as being cute or joking about things, I like to do that here, but I don't tell a funny demeaning joke then repeat the point about a 100 times.  It ceases to be funny, and it turns into something ugly then.

Also there are a lot of things that get said here that are not rooted in fact or become blown out of proportion.  That's just spreading gossip.  On a anonynmous message board that happens a lot.  I think we are getting away from factual evidence a lot here, just to make a personal point, and that's not healthy.

Please disagree with me if you like, but these kind of things turn off participation from many would be members of this site.  I would like to hope that we are encouraging new people to post here with fresh opinions and facts, not discouraging them.

So to go back to HB's original post about it "setting a bad tone around here"  I would say to his face that no it doesn't, it sets a bad tone to insult people in a demeaning way.

I've seen you insult members here. 

Insults? Skins are getting thin around here.

It's laughable.

The childish deletion of posts when it doesn't conform to a specific viewpoint has been a point of criticism on AW for years. Someone may step out of line, it's a forum after all, but a quarter of the time it's a mod. Either this board has a culture of spirited debate and razzing or it should be played straight. Picking and choosing at random by specific mods is bush league.

I don't think mods eliminate posts just on the basis of an opinion or viewpoint.  They seem to be usually eliminated because of a code of conduct violation, or because they are irrelevant to the discussion, and then they are moved to another forum.  Maybe you have a specific example of where this has happened and it's not a violation of the code of conduct.

I've seen some pretty wild things posted on here, there seems to be plenty of freedom.

Edited by tomsred

I think saying something someone says about a sports figure or celebrity or whatever is "insulting" is more insulting to the user themselves than to the actual person. I doubt Sosh reads this site. I doubt he gives a shit.

Yeah, I doubt Scioscia reads this site.  I think the only time anything leaves this site for the Angels organization is when some staffer is probably sent to examine it for prevailing opinions that might help the organization from a PR standpoint, or perhaps (more likely) a family member or relative visits the site to see what might be said about a person in the organization.

Maybe I'm not very objective about this, but people like the players, the GM, the manager, the coaches are pretty dedicated individuals who work extremely hard to be successful in what they do.  Why is it that we have to demean what they do, and make fun of the efforts they put in on a daily basis?  Is that they only way we can express our displeasure at the decisions they make, or how they express themselves?  All I'm trying to say is that there are constructive ways of offering opinions, and demeaning ways of offering opinions, I'm not sure we try to take the constructive approach often enough (and I include myself in this criticism).