• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Teixeira wants to return to Anaheim

HaloCory22

Who would sell their integrity for an extra 20mil when you're already a multi-millionaire and you're guaranteed 160+mil in the next decade?

whats the integrity? We traded for him, knowing he was 2 months from free agency.

Bottom line, he didnt owe this team anything, and we were (vastly) outbid. 20 mill is a lot more than some of you guys are making it out to be...

Yankees wanted him and we would have never outbid him. He was blown away by their offer and accepted. The Angels knew the risk when they traded for him, and they honestly didn't give up anything of value to get him, and losing him got the Angels Trout. No hurt feelings here

the irony being, we're all waiting anxiously to see what guy arte can outbid on to come here....

Not sure i remember anyone pissed off when we signed a free agent because his lack of loyalty to his previous team...

I loved Tex while he was here.  An absolute beast with the Angels, and I'd welcome him back with open arms.  

But I wouldn't go too far out of my way to acquire him.  Circumstantially, it doesn't appear to be a fit.  The Angels don't have much to spend, and Tex is owed 22 million.  They also don't have much in the way of prospects to trade, and the ones they do have I wouldn't want to include in this particular deal.  And finally, there's also C.J. Cron.  He turned the corner last year and grew into a legitimate #4,5,6 type of hitter.  While Tex is better than Cron, Cron plays for the league minimum and has 5 years left of control.  I'm fine trading Cron away except that his return won't match his actual value, and after next year, we'd still be searching for an MLB caliber 1B.  

So if it ends up being C.J. Wilson - Mark Texeira even swap, then I'm fine with it, as long as we get something quite valuable for Cron.  

I think its a good move in terms of depth, not a "problem solver". If he could spell pujols at 1st (tex is a very capable 1B), and platoon with cron at DH, its not at all a bad move. Just comes down to cost...i doubt the skanks are in any hurry to give him up for a reasonable cost.

Dont see it happening in a million years, but just for the discussion (new material for us to argue), i wouldnt be against it

Just because Ms Teixeira has allegedly asked for a trade, does not mean the Yankees would want to trade him. It was more than a coincidence that the Yankees season went in the crapper when Tex got injured. He was on pace to be an MVP candidate at the time.

His absence was obvious no matter how nicely Bird filled in.

whats the integrity? We traded for him, knowing he was 2 months from free agency.

Bottom line, he didnt owe this team anything, and we were (vastly) outbid. 20 mill is a lot more than some of you guys are making it out to be...

If the reports are true, you don't shake a man's hand agreeing to a deal only to have your agent use that deal to get you a better one.

The past is the past ... obviously he has no hard feelings. A LF bat of his statue would be a huge boost to the lineup. Can he play 3B or LF? I think the Yankees would be interested in Wilson.

Why the hell would HE have hard feelings?

I would absolutely do Wilson for Teixeria + cash to even out the difference. I doubt, judging by the source, it's actually a worthwhile rumor, but I like the thinking behind. It only works if Cron can be traded or included in a deal to help other areas. And above all, it's basically a wash when it comes to money. It'd be the exact same team with Teixeria instead of Wilson....I'll take that gamble, it'd make the lineup and defense better, while maintaining the $30 million in breathing room.

1. Fowler/Span/Parra LF

2. Zobrist/Prado 2B?

3. Trout CF

4. Pujols DH/1B (I'd want Tex here, but Scioscia)

5. Teixeria 1B/DH

6. Calhoun RF

Yankees wanted him and we would have never outbid him. He was blown away by their offer and accepted. The Angels knew the risk when they traded for him, and they honestly didn't give up anything of value to get him, and losing him got the Angels Trout. No hurt feelings here

People still spewing this like as if the Angels didn't have the Teix pick, they wouldn't use the Grichuk pick on Trout. Lol

In principle one year of Tex isn't a horrible idea if the money and deal is right. However the only place to put him is at DH/1B and we have Cron so what do you do with him?

Of course you can trade him but then you're revisiting your DH position next year.

I do think that Cron has decently good value as a trade chip and certain teams would deal for him as power is still scarce and he has five years of control.

Ideally you'd want to keep Cron but if he is involved in a trade for a front line starter (as I will be suggesting in an upcoming primer article) you should seriously consider trading Cron and acquiring a hitter like Tex (or Adam Lind or Pedro Alvarez or Ryan Howard, yada yada yada) on a 1-year or short term deal.

Edited by ettin

Just say NO -- best years behind him -- was hurt parts of last year.

When we got him in the rental deal - he played well for us - but it seemed the two months or whatever period it was he was with the Halos he had a real short-timer attitude knowing that "I'm out of here as soon as I get a big contract offer'

it was apparent from the way he played, conducted himself and acted.

He played well for the Halos and in a part of his game that might be over-looked was/is a pretty solid defensive firstbaseman who is really good with the glove -- or was during the time he was on the Halos.

But I did not like his attitude here and when he left here and now it's years later. NO.

If teixiera doesn't leave, they don't get grichuk.

If they don't get grichuk, they don't get salas.

If they don't get salas, this place would be less fun

The Angels received a compensation pick––Mike Trout––for the FA loss of Mark Texiera. 

Grichuck was due to losing Francisco Rodriguez.

The Angels received a compensation pick––Mike Trout––for the FA loss of Mark Texiera. 

Grichuck was due to losing Francisco Rodriguez.

Lollllll

Are you saying if Teix was never an Angel, then Trout wouldn't be one now?

Edited by AngelArcher

If you run a business, it isn't too easy to have people work for you if they are willing to lie to your face.

What happened? The "handshake" deal?

Even if true, it's not like Tex will be in front office. He's only a player on the field so I don't think it is a big deal except for holding a grudge.