• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Teixeira wants to return to Anaheim

HaloCory22

No answer? Got it. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Maybe you should read up about compensatory picks since you clearly can't grasp the concept. Without Losing Texiera, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_draft#Compensatory_picks

You asked your question while I was responding to your original post––which you edited. A question, which I might add, is as inane and redundant as the individual in your avatar. Fitting I suppose. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Major_League_Baseball_draft#cite_note-7

Edited by failos

Maybe you should read up about compensatory picks since you clearly can't grasp the concept. Without Losing Texiera, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_draft#Compensatory_picks

You asked your question while I was responding to your original post––which you edited. A question, which I might add, is as inane and redundant as the individual in your avatar. Fitting I suppose. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Major_League_Baseball_draft#cite_note-7

I guess you weren't following the team back when they drafted Trout, so you wouldn't know the story or reasoning in why the picked Grichuk before Trout. 

If the reports are true, you don't shake a man's hand agreeing to a deal only to have your agent use that deal to get you a better one.

Why the hell would HE have hard feelings?

(responding to your post to me), yeah, i can see that. Then again, we dont if the reports are true, or what the deal consisted of.

Just saying me personallu, i get the business side of it all, and i cant fault these guys for getting every penny they can, any more than i can fault the owners for trying to make as much as they can.

Teix leaving led to ten years of Trout. Im pretty sure Arte can get over it.

Besides its not like he took drugs or anything.

Trout on the Angels is the result of KRod leaving via FA. The Angels technically selected Trout with the Tex pick but if they did not have the Tex pick they would have passed on Grichuk.

Trout on the Angels is the result of KRod leaving via FA. The Angels technically selected Trout with the Tex pick but if they did not have the Tex pick they would have passed on Grichuk.

This will never AW fact. People will just look back at the draft results and see the Angels selected Trout with the Teixeria compensation pick. I hear wikipedia is a good site to find draft results.

I don't agree with the hate.

Tex was a mid-season pick-up, he didn't owe us anything. Kotchman never did that well. 

He played great for the postseason, I remember him saving a game (temporarily) with his glove. 

He enjoyed it and apparently told Moreno he would come back.

Yankees threw a CRAZY offer at him which he took.

We got Trout with Yankees draft pick.

What's the hate? 

This will never AW fact. People will just look back at the draft results and see the Angels selected Trout with the Teixeria compensation pick. I hear wikipedia is a good site to find draft results.

It's baffling that every time Tex is mentioned someone chimes in about getting Trout. The statement is corrected by another member yet it doesn't sink in to the collective knowledge.

Everyone can't know everything but many act as if they do. 

LOL at the guy you corrected disappearing after being called out. He's not even man enough to simply say, "I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know." Instead he fights to the death being a tool and tries to change the subject. Someone send a search party because he's missing.

5124c54b68c2f.preview-620.jpg

I already knew that because youre my alternate account. I only posted that so I could correct myself and fool everyone into thinking were not the same person.

LOL

Guy has not batted at his 2015 numbers since 2010, short by 1 point ,and for some reason thinks he's a viable candidate for sloppy seconds? GTFO.

I'll be honest, I wanted to keep Teixiera, but after seeing what happened, I was wrong and I'm glad they didn't.

We have enough overpaid .250 hitters right now tex, plus there's no way I could stand looking at your dumb mug during an entire baseball season.

Enjoy the Bronx, chump!

There's no telling what the Angels would have done if they didn't receive the Yankees' pick. The Yankees actually wanted to draft Trout. 

Furthermore, Skaggs was an additional compensation draft pick due to losing Mark Texieria.

You can create as many justifications as you want, but the bottom line is that the Angels struck gold when Texieria decided to sign with the Yankees. Sure, plenty of were bummed out that he left–myself included–but in hindsight, it was the best thing to happen to the Angels. 

Trout was the number one pick on their draft board on draft day. Bane almost shat himself when he got the opportunity to select him and upstream the Yankees who also wanted Trout.

Yanks lost their 1st round pick because they signed tiexera. Had that not happened wouldn't the Yanks used their 1st round pick on Trout before our pick?