• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sorority Girls at a D-Backs Game

laagamer

Two things from this...how the **** was that sexist? Secondly, the D-Backs apologized? Ridiculous.

I was thinking the same thing.  Its not the commentators fault there was 8 people sitting next to each other staring at their phones and they all happened to be women.  Also, the article completely misses the point.  Nobody said they were terrible people.  Just commenting on how ridiculous it is that taking hundreds of pictures of the experience to brag to everyone else is more important than the actual experience itself.  

Two things from this...how the **** was that sexist? Secondly, the D-Backs apologized? Ridiculous.

I don't think it's sexist. But I would have apologized if I were the Diamondbacks. Even if the girls were being ridiculous they were paying customers. You can't have the most vocal representatives if the organization ripping into customers like that on TV. It's not like people are clamoring to get into Arizona games.

I wouldn't be upset had they not apologized but I think it was the right thing to do.

lol

but seriously, stop and listen to the fans around you some time.  I don't think the baseball is what attracts them

Its not.  Our season tix were for several years right in front of a Pepsi season ticket group.  It drove me nuts, all them with free tickets, no interest in the game, talking about everything under the sun.... but you know what?  I had the problem, not them.  They were there to have a good time.  In whatever form it took, and rarely had anything to do with Angels baseball.

Whatever....  Good god, you guys have sticks up your asses.

Those girls' average age is 19.  I guarantee you if they are at an Angels game, most of them never heard of Tim Salmon.

I don't really care about peoples intentions when they go to the game as long as they don't block me from watching the game (like the beach balls sometimes do).  Don't care about their knowledge either because every fan can't be a superfan.  The selfie thing is ridiculous and extends beyond baseball games.  People are so consumed with themselves its crazy.  Anyways, its not that big of a deal either way.  I just don't think the D-bags should have apologized.  No need.  It was some funny commentary during a meaningless game.

I don't think it's sexist. But I would have apologized if I were the Diamondbacks. Even if the girls were being ridiculous they were paying customers. You can't have the most vocal representatives if the organization ripping into customers like that on TV. It's not like people are clamoring to get into Arizona games.

I wouldn't be upset had they not apologized but I think it was the right thing to do.

Bingo.

I iaughed at the commentary from the announcers, and you know what?  I like the girls.  So what they are taking some selfies.  BFD.  They aren't harming anyone.  I guess all you guys were working on cancer research and feeding the homeless at 19.

Edited by yk9001

Ha... that's awesome.  Good for them.

Jesus H Christ, lighten up some of you.  They are at a frigging boring-ass late September BASEBALL GAME between two lame teams.  So they are on their phones.  Who cares.

You think that's the reason why they won't stop looking at their phones? More power to you friend.

Thank God the cell phone was not yet invented back in the 70's-80's when the people filling the Big A had zero interest in baseball. 

I'm not talking an isolated group at the end of the season, I'm talking everyone all season long.

At least back then people occasionally talked to each other.

I was thinking the same thing. Its not the commentators fault there was 8 people sitting next to each other staring at their phones and they all happened to be women. Also, the article completely misses the point. Nobody said they were terrible people. Just commenting on how ridiculous it is that taking hundreds of pictures of the experience to brag to everyone else is more important than the actual experience itself.

They can do whatever they like, it's entirely up to them how they want to enjoy a baseball game. But poking fun at it isn't sexist. Nothing they said was remotely sexist and all claims like the one in that article do is create a 'boy who cried wolf' effect.

we have asked the Diamondbacks and Fox Sports to provide tickets to a future game for families at A New Leaf, a local non-profit that helps support victims of domestic violence.

Haven't those poor women suffered enough?

So women are the only victims of domestic violence?

Sexist!!

Its not.  Our season tix were for several years right in front of a Pepsi season ticket group.  It drove me nuts, all them with free tickets, no interest in the game, talking about everything under the sun.... but you know what?  I had the problem, not them.  They were there to have a good time.  In whatever form it took, and rarely had anything to do with Angels baseball.

I have an Angels problem too.

I've said this before and I think it bears repeating. 

One thing Moreno has done exceptionally well is attracting these types of people to fill the seats -- even when the Angels aren't playing well.  He deserves every bit of praise for succeeding in that regard.  It's ironic that Disney of all companies couldn't figure it out, but Moreno has.

Bingo.

I iaughed at the commentary from the announcers, and you know what?  I like the girls.  So what they are taking some selfies.  BFD.  They aren't harming anyone.  I guess all you guys were working on cancer research and feeding the homeless at 19.

at 19?

i was holding back the electric car and

i helped make steve gutenberg a star.

I've said this before and I think it bears repeating. 

One thing Moreno has done exceptionally well is attracting these types of people to fill the seats -- even when the Angels aren't playing well.  He deserves every bit of praise for succeeding in that regard.  It's ironic that Disney of all companies couldn't figure it out, but Moreno has.

How did he do that, by providing free WiFi?  Or is it the fact that it's only fashionable to eat churros and hot dogs at a ballpark?