• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mornings are better with Travis

Jimmag

Travis is a cool guy.  We grew up down the street from each other and used to play whiffle ball.  He was (is?) a good athlete back in the day.  He was Rome's producer.  Knows a ton about sports in general.  Not a cheerleader but a knowledgeable sports fanatic. Strong move by the network imo.  Lodge wasn't a sports guy.  He was a pseudo halo fan with a voice. 

• 3 weeks later...

Travis loves talking about Lakers basketball in the morning....yuck!

No matter what time of year, I made sure to tune into the "morning" Sports Lodge at 7:40 to 7:45am for the baseball report.  Miss that!!!  I loved hearing all of the different perspectives each sports writer had (especially the east coast ones) because they were so typical and Roger would call them out on it.

Come back to the mornings Mr. Lodge....you are missed.  :(

Lodge is a clown. His interview questions and cheesy peppy persona are really annoying. His side kick was kind of cool. I only tuned in if the other two big shows were on commercial.

I liked Rodgers initially and was kind of pumped when he was brought on board, but his new slot and show are really uninteresting. Like mentioned, he is trying some Rome/Cowherd schtick with some sort of force and authority that just come on as staged since he already was on the air with a different tone and vibe. Also, it's just annoying when your show (or the minimal amount of what I have heard) is just reading people's Twitter postings and talking about them.

Travis is a cool guy.  We grew up down the street from each other and used to play whiffle ball.  He was (is?) a good athlete back in the day.  He was Rome's producer.  Knows a ton about sports in general.  Not a cheerleader but a knowledgeable sports fanatic. Strong move by the network imo.  Lodge wasn't a sports guy.  He was a pseudo halo fan with a voice. 

This totally explains why he sounds like a Rome clone. Not a fan at all.

I don't get why people like Jay Mohr Sports, I think Rome can be great, but he can also be ridiculously schticky, like this AM when he kept play a call from the Heat game over and over. The clones love him, but do regular folks? Um no. 

Roger Lodge was not very good. Travis Rogers is trying to be a national guy, I liked having a local show, but didn't like Lodge.

Honestly in the AM, I'm turning to Heidi and Frank, on 95.5 though I miss Frosty. 

I can't stand Vic The Brick, but he's not been on the show lately much. I like Petros and Money. Even though they can be a little dumb sometimes. 

Cannot stand Max Kellerman, but at least he's on in the afternoon now, so I have options.

Mason and Ireland are awful. They'll talk Lakers basketball in August, when the NFL and College Seasons are gearing up and Baseball is in the stretch run. They talked basketball draft two days in a row one August (I think 09 when Both LA baseball teams were in the CS) (Draft is in June, 10 months away. Season doesn't start until three months later). I finally had enough and called in to tell them to maybe talk a little baseball, or college football and stop worrying about something that doesn't happen for 10 months! They responded that it was a Laker Town. F'in BS.

Is it wrong to want to hear a baseball themed show in drive time? I miss Jeff Biggs.

Then, Dave Smith in the morning and Travis Rodgers in the drive home slot, and all is well.

I think teaming up Dave Smith with Travis will be the balance the show needs. Both are very knowledgable, but with one being serious and the other being more of the jokester will give light hearted, but intellegent feel to the entire show.

I think teaming up Dave Smith with Travis will be the balance the show needs. Both are very knowledgable, but with one being serious and the other being more of the jokester will give light hearted, but intellegent feel to the entire show.

Agreed. Problem is, you have to pay two people.