• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just curious, which part of the constitution says this should be illegal?

I believe its the 15th Amendment that gives citizens the right to vote. The 14th also would come into play

Edited by Jason

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I believe its the 15th Amendment that gives citizens the right to vote. The 14th also would come into play

It really only says that the right of citizens to vote shall not be denied. While it does define what a citizen is it doesn't explicitly state that non-citizen cannot be given voting rights, which would seem to imply that the issue is left to the states to decide with regards to their own elections. 

Not to say anything about whether or not this is a good idea, and with complete ignorance over the legal precedence involved, I can't see a constitutional argument being used to throw this law out.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It really only says that the right of citizens to vote shall not be denied. While it does define what a citizen is it doesn't explicitly state that non-citizen cannot be given voting rights, which would seem to imply that the issue is left to the states to decide with regards to their own elections. 

Not to say anything about whether or not this is a good idea, and with complete ignorance over the legal precedence involved, I can't see a constitutional argument being used to throw this law out.

Non citizens voting is a goal of the democrat party so they will do what they can to make sure that happens. It will be interesting to see how this translates at the polls for states that allow it and what Americans think of it. 

2 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Man, the states rights crew is pretty fired up. Fight the logically consistent fight, y'all. This is honestly pretty fucking hilarious when looked at from that angle.

You say that now but when your polls are flooded with Newfoundlanders don't come crying to us.