• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How are you feeling right now?

How are you feeling right now?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How are you feeling right now?

• Season over
    • The sky is falling
    • Take it one game at a time
    • Tip your cap
    • Turn the page
    • It's still early
    • It's just a fly in the ointment

Bright side is they got the tough one out of the way. Kazmir has the lowest ERA this month. It only gets easier from here

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 1m1 minute ago

Lowest ERA in July, min. 15 IP

Scott Kazmir 0.26

Clayton Kershaw 0.27

Zack Greinke 0.60

Should be able to crush Greinke

Edited by bloodbrother

Angels could absolutely trade CJ Wilson. Teams are always lookin for pitching and while he's a pussy when it counts he usually posts an ERA under 4. Some non-contender would take a flier on him for cheap on a 1yr deal(Angels eat a decent amount of money)

I hope he's gone.

I think if we'd dealt him two weeks ago someone would have taken 75 per cent plus of that contract. Recent events would clearly scare teams off quite a bit, but someone would take him for sure if we ate 40-50 per cent of that deal.

I feel pretty shitty. This game is on Calhoun for striking out with the go ahead run at third and one out. That runs scores and we see Street instead of Salas.

Calhoun choked in this series in a big way, but putting Alvarez in 2 days in a row in CLOSE GAMES IS ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC! Scioscia baffles me.

I was over ripping him apart all the time (lasted a couple years) but after the Dipoto thing, I can't stand him. He's an asshole who won a ring 13 god damn years ago and somehow still has a job.

I wish we could vote to fire people...

Shoemaker will be rewarded for his good pitching by being bumped from the rotation now, so we have that to look forward to

Who's going to really want to trade for CJ Wilson? It's not like these execs don't know he disappears in big games/playoffs. Who'd want to give up money/prospects for that inevitably?

Folks, we're stuck with that spineless jackhole through the end of 2016 and, since Mike loves underperforming vets, expect him to be in the rotation.

The worrisome part is not that they lost 3 games.  It's that they rolled over for the division leader. 

Been an ongoing problem under Mike Scioscia for a very long time.  They don't take division rivals very seriously, and, come September, it costs them the season.

Calhoun choked in this series in a big way, but putting Alvarez in 2 days in a row in CLOSE GAMES IS ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC! Scioscia baffles me.

I was over ripping him apart all the time (lasted a couple years) but after the Dipoto thing, I can't stand him. He's an asshole who won a ring 13 god damn years ago and somehow still has a job.

"This one, it is going to take a little more time to pull the page, turn the page on it." - Jose Mota right now on Angels Live.  That seals my vote.

I'm with Fabregas on this one: Fire Jose Mota.

"This one, it is going to take a little more time to pull the page, turn the page on it." - Jose Mota right now on Angels Live. That seals my vote.

Pull the page is pretty much where I am. This club beats up on bad teams as they should, but play anyone likely headed for the playoffs and they are exposed.

I feel the same as I did when we were hovering around .500 and our GM quit.

I feel the same as I did when the won 17 of 20.  

Watching them crap the bed vs. Houston and watching them marginally improve the team at the deadline while their biggest competition gets incrementally better is to be expected.  

The double edged sword that they have created is that when you have the best player in baseball for the rest of this year and at least five more is that you can't play for one year.  You have to, without a doubt, try to make the team as competitive as possible for that period of time.  

So when your farm system and payroll flexibility are limited, and you want to be good in 2018, you got get David Murphy, Shane Victorino and David Dejesus at the deadline instead of David Price and Troy Tulowitski.  

I don't want to waste an opportunity for the team to be a little better than they are this year, but I certainly don't want to be in the position that Colorado was in this year come 2018 and have to trade Trout for prospects in order to rebuild the team.  

And it's not just about the next 5+ year either.  It's about the next 15.  Because come 2020, we are going to need to give Mike Trout the biggest contract in baseball history, and the team needs to be in a position to make him want to stay.  To retire as a Halo.  

So take your lumps ladies and gents.  And pray to God that whoever is running the show after this year not only gets that but can actually see the plan through.  

Get Mike Trout to the playoffs year after year and one of those years he's gonna go berserk and win us a championship.  

But for now, don't sell the farm when you don't have it to sell.   

And it's not just about the next 5+ year either.  It's about the next 15.  Because come 2020, we are going to need to give Mike Trout the biggest contract in baseball history, and the team needs to be in a position to make him want to stay.  To retire as a Halo.  

It's way too early to be having those thoughts.  Trout is wonderful now, but he can't keep this up forever. 

I still really would have liked to see us get a big bat. Its not just a need now, but will be going forward, and im not sure anyone out there thats good is coming up in FA any time soon. We can make a run for cespedes but i dont really see him as a big bat really. Like the power but his obp is meh. Would still be a boost to this lineup though.

That said, docs right. As much as we like our newfound depth, im sure most other teams can match about any offer we have right now. So wed have to overpay huge to make a move. If we cleared the farm to land a miguel cabrerra, sure, thats fine. But its more like wed have to trade away what little we have for a jay bruce. I really wanted bruce, the rumors got me hot and bothered, but hes not worth us going back to having no pitching again.

Ill say this, it sucks but im fine with trying this year but more focusing on later. But they cant ignore the offense for long. Something is going to have to get done soon. Pujols has slowed down again, and even if he heats back up, hes not getting any younger. Were gonna have to get someone else in here that can hit the ball over the fence.

simply put, i think we are a playoff team, but not deep in them. 
we are paying the price for past bad decisions 

with what Tor has done i think they catch the wildcard mix and get in the middle of that, but i dont know if i think anyone else is better than use overall to knock us completely out, but i think the division may be moot at this point