• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Newcomb and Puig

So only a day after telling Puig he wouldn't be traded, USA Today reports the Dodgers have let other teams know that Puig is available.

Now I know almost all of you would never consider trading Newcomb, and for good reason. But Yasiel Puig, he's the time if return I'd want if I were shopping a pitcher of Newcomb's caliber. But clearly the Dodgers would need more than that, specifically, pitching.

So Newcomb, Tropeano and Bedrosian for Puig. I'd do it. Would you?

Have people been ignoring Puig's career or something? I see this crap idea thrown around on Twitter a lot too.

The guy had two unbelievable months and once he was figured out, he has been just good (last season) or poor (this season). He is also known for being a cancer in the clubhouse and having teammates that don't like him. There is a reason the Dodgers and their fans have been wanting to trade Puig, his perceived value is much higher than what he is actually worth.

Just think about it, this is a guy who two seasons ago was being called the face of the Dodgers, now that fan base and that organization wants to get rid of him. Why? They've had enough of his poor play, bad attitude and lack of work ethic.

Hell no to trading for Puig. I'd rather the Angels do nothing that trade for that guy.

Edited by VariousCrap

I know everyone thinks he's a whack job, and sure he might be. But I also think this could change if he's surrounded by Pujols and Trout. I also suspect some of the hatred toward him is based off the fact that he's a Dodger. I say get over it, they aren't our enemy, just a rival.

And I don't think he's been found out at all. I think he's just in a slump after being hurt. On a yearly bases, I think he'll hit .300 and 30 HR's. Plus he's only 24. Imagine what he'll be like in his prime. Imagine that for a second, Trout and Puig. My goodness.

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

I know everyone thinks he's a whack job, and sure he might be. But I also think this could change if he's surrounded by Pujols and Trout. I also suspect some of the hatred toward him is based off the fact that he's a Dodger. I say get over it, they aren't our enemy, just a rival.

And I don't think he's been found out at all. I think he's just in a slump after being hurt. On a yearly bases, I think he'll hit .300 and 30 HR's. Plus he's only 24. Imagine what he'll be like in his prime. Imagine that for a second, Trout and Puig. My goodness.

Wishfull thinking scotty. Assuming puig would somehow be tamed by pujols is saying someone like agon (who cant stand puig...trust me on that one) has less pull...or kershaw.

Puig is decent guy to certain people...its his work ethic and teenager mentality that pisses everyone off. He is a guy who a change of scenery might do some good. But hes also a guy who thinks hes above coaching. And for someone whos numbers have already dipped, no thanks to flipping our best prospect.

While Newcomb is projected to be a top of the rotation guy, the dodgers are looking to get a pitcher like Price or Hamels. They want someone who can step in and solidify their staff immediately. Puig is probably their top trade chip. I doubt they move him without getting an established major leaguer in return

Edited by Lou

Puig at 24 years old and a very friendly contact ... any GM would at least have to make a inquiry on him. It will take a lot to pry him away from the Dodgers. I could vision Arte looking to steal him away from his rival.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Puig for Newcomb and Tropeano and Bedrosion,  This may be the absolute worst trade proposal I have ever read.

Not even for Newcomb.

Maybe for Trop.

On 2nd thought, not even for Trop.

Here are some splits:

7 days:  118/111/471

14 days: 212/250/394

28 days: 200/244/363

2015: 253/327/423

Edited by maximus p

Puig for Newcomb and Tropeano and Bedrosion,  This may be the absolute worst trade proposal I have ever read.

Not even for Newcomb.

Maybe for Trop.

On 2nd thought, not even for Trop.

Here are some splits:

7 days:  118/111/471

14 days: 212/250/394

28 days: 200/244/363

2015: 253/327/423

Trout can fix him

I dont think puig is done by any stretch, and will probably bounce back. His walks have increased every year, and this season could be just a result of injury/personal life etc. (And i agree his first two months masked the rest).

That said, i think hes very overrated. He does have a very friendly contract, but if he does stay at current levels, its not so much a friendly contract as a fair one.