• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trades/trade deadline countdown thread

If the Rockies ate some money what about CarGo? He's been hitting really well. Probably won't cost a huge package either

They'd have to eat a lot of salary, which I don't see happening.

He's injured. Often. He's played 135 games twice in his career, and hasn't played more than 110 since 2012.

Not considering rentals right now would be absolutely stupid. When you have a team like this and the best player in baseball you go for it.

agree, but also depends on cost. We dont have a lot to give up...understandable if theyre being stingy. Its not like 2004. We sont have a million trade pieces

But we do need a bat for sure. Another middle reliever would be a boost too...

Seems to me the perfect trade would be simple. CJ Wilson straight up with the Doyers for Andre Ethier. Its strange to me that there isnt more smoke around that kind of deal. Would serve the needs of both clubs perfectly. In my mind Newcomb is untouchable. The deal that we would need to make it worth it is likely not out there. I would also love to get Cespedes if the intention was to retain him long term, but again only if it doesnt cost Newcomb.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I was just gonna say Coghlan would be a solid pickup. He probably won't cost too much either.

2014: .804 OPS, 124 OPS+, 123 wRC+, 9.0 BB%

2015: .784 OPS, 118 OPS+, 113 wRC+, 11.7 BB%

Coghlan's numbers are very comparable to Calhoun. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't he be the third-best hitter on our team? Yeah, get him. Instant significant upgrade.

Seems to me the perfect trade would be simple. CJ Wilson straight up with the Doyers for Andre Ethier. Its strange to me that there isnt more smoke around that kind of deal. Would serve the needs of both clubs perfectly. In my mind Newcomb is untouchable. The deal that we would need to make it worth it is likely not out there. I would also love to get Cespedes if the intention was to retain him long term, but again only if it doesnt cost Newcomb.

The Dodgers might not want to let Ethier go, now that he's hitting so well. 

@Ken_Rosenthal: The five teams with the most recent interest in Hamels: #Cubs, #Dodgers, #Rangers, #Yankees, #SFGiants. Not listed in any particular order.

I guess if I had to pick a team from those 5 that would have the least impact on us I'd go with the Cubbies

the game is afoot... Hou upgrading the rotation and word is that KC might be getting Cueto... thats direct competition and likely playoff opposition so it would seem out hand is being forced.
If we do nothing, the front office will get blasted and waste a season.
This is one of those times when you have to go big or go home in my opinion... we dont need a marginal player, we need impact. 
Now how they do that without giving up either of the young arms we will need badly in the next couple of years is the tricky part. 
What do i mean by impact.. Cespedes or comparable
The good news is the initial market for rentals isnt that expensive so... i think its possible it could get done on a rental without losing any of the top arms on the farm.

the game is afoot... Hou upgrading the rotation and word is that KC might be getting Cueto... thats direct competition and likely playoff opposition so it would seem out hand is being forced.

If we do nothing, the front office will get blasted and waste a season.

This is one of those times when you have to go big or go home in my opinion... we dont need a marginal player, we need impact.

Now how they do that without giving up either of the young arms we will need badly in the next couple of years is the tricky part.

What do i mean by impact.. Cespedes or comparable

The good news is the initial market for rentals isnt that expensive so... i think its possible it could get done on a rental without losing any of the top arms on the farm.

No worries, those two teams upgrading their rotations and the Halos will be doing the same thing soon....

Weaver.

@Ken_Rosenthal: The five teams with the most recent interest in Hamels: #Cubs, #Dodgers, #Rangers, #Yankees, #SFGiants. Not listed in any particular order.

I guess if I had to pick a team from those 5 that would have the least impact on us I'd go with the Cubbies

Too bad the Cubbies didn't trade for him before yesterday.