• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trades/trade deadline countdown thread

Would you guys trade Newcomb, Shoemaker and Kubitza for JD Martinez & Price?

I'm curious to know what it'd take for people to trade Newcomb.

This is a hard one for me though... when I saw that the Tigers were scouting Newcomb it got me thinking about that exact return package and I'm still not sure...

I love the potential Newcomb has and he really looks like he's going to be a top of the rotation starter. JD Martinez had his break through year last year, although it was a big one and he's having another great year, is that enough to convince you he's an elite middle of the order bat going forward?

I don't care for Kubitza so throwing him in is fine with me, it's Shoe that I'm not ready to give up on. Especially in August and September I feel like he has the ability to perform in big games. Would we sign Price long term? How much does Price have left in the tank? Maybe the Tigers could throw in a 3B prospect as well? This is truly a tough one.

At the end of the day I'm always for winning now so I'd probably go with yes but it'd sure suck seeing Newcomb doing his thing in a few years for peanuts in the Tigers rotation.

You?

Edited by CanadianHalo

@JonHeymanCBS: mets balk at high-end prospect(s) for justin upton @JUST_JUP but still seek offense. http://t.co/rHYpU3bmLf

Good, as they should

The Padres NEED to get something for Upton since there is no chance he stays there long term and there's no chance they win this season. The Mets have a nice young rotation and there window of opportunity is just opening. The Padres will eventually have to accept whatever the Mets are willing to give imo

Edited by CanadianHalo

I read that the Marlins tried to put together a package with Ozuna as the centerpiece to try and acquire Puig.

Also read that it would probably cost a #2 or 3 SP to get him.

I don't think he's as cheap to acquire as some may believe

The Dodgers need a starter, not another disgruntled outfielder, they have about six of those. So instead of trying to pry Ozuna from the Marlins why not go ahead and go for Puig direct? He is volatile as any player in the game but also one of the few real game changers that can be had. He may just follow Pujols counseling and become the player and teammate he can be. Edited by notti

The Dodgers need a starter, not another disgruntled outfielder, they have about six of those. So instead of trying to pry Ozuna from the Marlins why not go ahead and go for Puig direct? He is volatile as any player in the game but also one of the few real game changers that can be had. He may just follow Pujols counseling and become the player and teammate he can be.

Doubtful the Dogs would trade Puig.

@JonHeymanCBS: mets balk at high-end prospect(s) for justin upton @JUST_JUP but still seek offense. http://t.co/rHYpU3bmLf

The Padres NEED to get something for Upton since there is no chance he stays there long term and there's no chance they win this season. The Mets have a nice young rotation and there window of opportunity is just opening. The Padres will eventually have to accept whatever the Mets are willing to give imo

The market could definitely bottom out for him and you might steal him, the way the Angels did with Texeria in 08....teams aren't as willing to pay huge prices for 2 month rentals....everybody wants guys who have a year or more of control....Revere, Bruce.... Edited by DMVol

The market could definitely bottom out for him and you might steal him, the way the Angels did with Texeria in 08....teams aren't as willing to pay huge prices for 2 month rentals....everybody wants guys who have a year or more of control....Revere, Bruce....

Especially now since whatever team gets Upton cannot even get a draft pick. Who did we draft with the Teixeira pick? :) :) :)

I'm pretty sure we could have done Freese for Bourjos straight up.

I've probably been the loudest critic of that trade from the moment it went down, I had been touting Grichuk to do exactly what he has done but Dipoto was quoted on more than one occasion that the Cards wouldn't do the deal unless the Angels added some sweetener -- they in turn added Salas to try to even out the inclusion of Grichuk.  It's also been said in numerous places that Salas was a likely non-tender.

So, no..  They couldnt get it done for Bourjos straight up.