• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we could only emulate the Astros

Remember when we hustled around the bases like Springer just did, first to third.

Also, I'm very interested to see how the legacy of Trout goes.

There are kids, like Trout, Correa for one, that are crushing it. Harper, the kids on the Cubs. I'm sure there are others. Maybe the pitching sucks and there are a lot of hitters who can flat out rake.

We used to hit and run like Houston does now. Depleted farm system, weak free agents, a mush-mash of lineup guys. There's no real mystery why we sit around .500.

MLB draft is a crapshoot. There are just as many good players chosen in later rounds as there are in the 1st round. Some teams just draft better than others. You don't have to be a bad team year in year out to amass talent. Just look at the Cards.

The success rate for players taken among the first ten picks of the first round (and in particular position players), is significantly higher than anywhere else.  Yeah, guys like Pujols and Piazza happen but they are rarities.  

Well n order to be the Astros we would have to be the worst team in the league for a decade.Nowu I know you think the team sucks, but we haven't been Astros bad in a very long time. I have no idea if they will fall apart, but they are young and athletic.

Not necessarily. Just look at the Cardinals and the Giants. Thanks to the wild card system at least* one of those teams has appeared in every series since 2010.

I felt that the angels should have gone into medium- term rebuild mode after the 2010 season, and said so at the time.

*A Giants v Cardinals World Series would be cool to see.

Edited by ScottLux

Not necessarily. Just look at the Cardinals and the Giants. Thanks to the wild card system at least* one of those teams has appeared in every series since 2010.

I felt that the angels should have gone into medium- term rebuild mode after the 2010 season, and said so at the time.

*A Giants v Cardinals World Series would be cool to see.

ooooookay.

Only 8 years of being in last place should do it.

Seriously. What the Astros are doing right now is not impressive at all. And when the Sixers become better than when people think, it won't be impressive either. These people tried to lose as many games on purpose as possible. 

No respect for those organizations.

There are star players chosen every year after the 1st round. Pujols or Piazza? Well no because those are generational players, but legit stars. I would argue 11-20 or 21-30 have similar success rates as 1-10.

It drops off pretty quickly...

Here is one such look at it...http://viewfromthebleachers.com/blog/2012/08/23/success-rate-of-mlb-draft-picks-by-slot/