• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we could only emulate the Astros

I want to like the Astros. I really really do. They seem like a likeable, scrappy young team.

But something about how they have a worse offense and pitching staff than the Angels and are 5 games in front of them just pisses me off. They have a nice .238 BABIP from their bullpen which is tied for lowest in the majors (aka they've been lucky as shit). They are also hitting .241 as a team, and a .244 AVG with RISP (both worse than the Angels) yet they have scored the 4th most runs in baseball. Also, they K more than any other team in baseball. Homeruns make up 32 percent of their total runs scored, and that isn't including all the 2, 3, and 4 run homeruns they've hit this season.

I don't know how to explain it. Homeruns aren't "lucky", per-se. But the Astros are clearly just swinging for the fences every at bat and it's working out for them more often than it should be.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall but it just hasn't. They've labored a bit recently but I expected them to just start tanking. They still maintain a comfortable lead heading into July.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston's GM has only been there since 2011

you're crazy if you think you would have been ok sucking ass for as long as the Astros have. You can't even handle being 1 game over .500 in June lol

You realize all I meant by this post was their aggressive base running from 1st to 3rd? Nothing about organizational structure or history of performance?

You realize all I meant by this post was their aggressive base running from 1st to 3rd? Nothing about organizational structure or history of performance?

This will likely shock you but....  Angels actually have gone 1st to 3rd (or scored) more often than Houston and they are just behind them in the percentage of extra bases taken...  http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2015-baserunning-batting.shtml

Remove all the Disar outs, and they would likely be below the league average in outs on the bases.

Edited by Inside Pitch

This will likely shock you but.... Angels actually have gone 1st to 3rd (or scored) more often than Houston and they are just behind them in the percentage of extra bases taken... http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2015-baserunning-batting.shtml

Remove all the Disar outs, and they would likely be below the league average in outs on the bases.

Wow. I am shocked. Thanks IP.

if you go back and read what my response was to,  you would realize it 

didn't have anything to do with that.  You were arguing about playoff success,etc

no big deal now.