• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 LA Kings Thread

Thomas

Slava Voynov taken into custody following his release from jail by US immigration.

Richards may face the same issues depending on the severity of the drug punishment.  My guess is, it's taken down to a misdemenor possession.  Because if it's felony possession, he might not be able to get the work visa for the US.

I'm trying to think of the professional athlete, I think it was hockey, that wasn't allowed to go into Canada because he had a felony marijuana charge.

Interesting that the Kings voided his contract for getting busted with pills but they are keeping Voynov around after he beat his wife so bad he sent her to the hospital.

i think it was more a case of letting the legal process play out for voynov before making a decision, whereas with richards they just simply wanted to get out from under such a big contract for such an unproductive player. with richards arrest, it felt like they finally had a way to say good riddance without having to eat all that money. they've been rather quiet about the voynov situation.

Haha comparing Bertuzzi and heatley to the kings troubled players is laughable.  Both of those players played less then a full season with the Ducks and in heatley case he played in only a handful of games.  Neither player was a key contributor to any success that the Ducks had.  Plus the ducks signed heatley 12 YEARS after that car crash...  Richards and Voynov were pretty important pieces to both of the Kings cups,  You are right Schildog, the ducks fans need to get off their high horse and bow to the righteous Kings

voynov is likely going to be in a worse spot than richards

for richards, there is protocol in place for drugs

pretty simple

they will buy him out, pay some penalty for the BS of trying to cancel the contract, and everyone moves on

but serious domestic violence is REALLY frowned upon when it comes to visas

and she isn't just hiding in the shadows taking the pay-off, she has come out and said this wasnt the first time, she is scared for her life, etc etc etc

sucks all around

ha on heatley. i still can't believe how bad he was. that seemed like a great buy low deal. waste of $1m in cap space.

The Kings will welcome Voynov back with open arms.

Probably but as long as he is suspended by the league it's speculation. He is hands off um... so to speak.

I think he'll just end up in the KHL. Why bother with the headache of the NHL if he can just go home. Yeah the currency isn't what it was but still they won't even bat an eyelash with what he was charged with.