• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 LA Kings Thread

Thomas

Nick Nickson goes into the Hockey HOF today, and will be honored at tomorrow night's home game.

Congrats Nick!     It's hard to believe that it's been some 35 years since you started out as a Kings announcer.

How many NHL franchises have had TWO HOF announcers at the same time?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Nick Nickson goes into the Hockey HOF today, and will be honored at tomorrow night's home game.

Congrats Nick!     It's hard to believe that it's been some 35 years since you started out as a Kings announcer.

How many NHL franchises have had TWO HOF announcers at the same time?

this is a well-deserved honor for nick. when he first switched to radio play by play, i was really skeptical. he settled in nicely and does a terrific job night in night out.

back in 98 my wife and i were staying at a hotel in san jose and had tix to see the sharks v. kings that night. i went to the lobby to check in, and lo and behold, it's the Kings! they were just checking out and headed over to the arena. so i'm at the desk checking in, and there's nick and bob. it was trade deadline day and nick had a couple of pages of the deals made. i asked him if the Kings had made any moves. he said no, then asked if i wanted to read through the list. sure do! that was a pretty nice moment to share with him.

during the closing moments of game 6 in '12, i muted the nbcsn broadcast and turned on my radio to hear nick make the call. "After 45 years, the Kings can wear their crowns!!" It was the perfect thing to say.

they're playing well. let's hope they keep it up for the long haul.

i like that Lucic is starting to get more involved in scoring. would still like to see him be more of an agitator, like he was in boston. of course, it's possible that sutter has told him not to play that way. 

see ya later, punk. 

sounded a lot like roid rage.

I think more cultural. Clearly this if not actually condoned in other parts of the world is not as scrutinized. Also Alcohol.

Edited by Thomas