• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 LA Kings Thread

Thomas

deal apparently was contingent on Lacavlier retiring at the end of the season. something about his salary being an issue, though i'm not sure what it means.

sorry to see greene go down, but glad that we got a decent replacement in schenn. have heard lots of good things about him.

good luck to weal.

another solid win. they look very strong. i'm going to the game saturday night against the blues and look forward to seeing them in action.

they interviewed doughty between periods last night and he was pretty glad to have luke schenn on the team. they've been friends since drew was 16, and it sounded like there's a great deal of respect between them. schenn played pretty well last night, and i'm looking forward to seeing him in person saturday night.

first time seeing 3-on-3 in OT. i liked how much room they had to skate, but was kind of surprised they didn't shoot more.

the shootout was terrific. both goalies were amazing. the blues don't suffer anything at all by having elliot in net.

Lacavalier centered King and Lewis, and won 13 of 16 face offs. So far, he's paying good dividends after being rescued from purgatory in Philly.

Toffoli scored #20, on pace for almost 40.

Kopi has his 2nd 4 point game since Christmas.

Beating Detroit is always fun, and doesn't happen often enough.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I do wonder how Lucic can be re-signed, as the salary cap has to be close by now for the 2016-17 season.

I like the idea of keeping Lucic but that would probably only last until we hear what it will take to keep him after this season. After that we'll probably wish him well on his way to Vancouver. Lucic's physical play doesn't lend itself to aging gracefully. Though using that logic Kopitar may play well to 40. :-D  I expect though that Kopitar will play well for 3-4 years and then the contract will be...unpleasant. But by that point the Kings window will have shut and been boarded up big time. Them along with the Hawks, perhaps the Ducks though probably a bit early for that and of course the Oilers will be scraping the bottom of the barrel and looking for high draft picks.  But for another few realistic chances for a Cup it's totally worth it.

Kopi, along with Drew and Quick, is the heart of the franchise, granted it is a team effort more than most NHL teams.

Brown has been that too, but is starting to get up there in years.

I do wonder how Lucic can be re-signed, as the salary cap has to be close by now for the 2016-17 season.

Some trades would have to happen. I would say Dustin Brown, but no one will take him

Brown's contract through 2022 could become an albatross. Will any team take on even half of the remaining salary?

He is that type of physical player who will continue to wear down from the punishment that his body takes 80-100 times a season.

I still salute what he has meant to the franchise.

However, he is no longer a key player, except for his leadership.