• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 LA Kings Thread

Thomas

Kings pulling some shady shit.  NHLPA is going to have problems with this.

you can't really say this until all the facts come out or unless you really truly know something the rest of us don't.

what if the drugs Stoll was caught holding in las vegas actually belonged to richards, a renowned partier?

Edited by Tank

LA Kings terminate contract of Mike Richards; legal battle looms

This isn't going to go over well.  Just a thought.  But I wonder if this is fallout from the Kings post season party in Vegas?

Richards certainly has the (alledged) history of drug abuse but like MLB and the Hamilton situation the NHL and the CBA already have an established policy on drug abuse and it doesn't include terminating contracts. Lombardi has done labor law and was a player agent so I just can't see him go Arte Moreno and say F it. There always was something weird about the team not using the compliance buyout last season and clearly it was stranger than even that.

Also Richards was sent to Manchester and was in El Segundo working out. Maybe he refused to go to manchester (Ontario now)

they were very unhappy with his conditioning last season, and that was at the heart of his demotion to manchester. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a major point somehow.

they were very unhappy with his conditioning last season, and that was at the heart of his demotion to manchester. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a major point somehow.

We've had a guy popped for a pharmacy in his swim trunks and another for throwing his wife into a tv but those who seem to know what's going on seem shocked. That really worries me about whatever has gone down. Hope I'm wrong.

I am very curious to see what happened here with Richards. If he would have been arrested, I would think that news would have come out when it happened. If he wasn't, I'm not sure what would be bad enough to terminate the contract but yet not be arrested.

PED's?

Gambling on games?

Who freaking knows

The CBA doesn't allow them to terminate his contract for any of those things.

That is why I said this is shady... the Kings are trying to circumvent the CBA to free up some cap space.

That is why I said this is shady... the Kings are trying to circumvent the CBA to free up some cap space.

The termination had to be approved by the NHL before going forth so it couldn't have been on a whim. The NHL doesn't take kindly to circumventing the cap.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgX3L

The termination had to be approved by the NHL before going forth so it couldn't have been on a whim. The NHL doesn't take kindly to circumventing the cap.

That's the puzzling thing about this all.  If it was drugs or PED's, which is within the realm of possibility of things to happen at the border, you would think there are protocols to go through in the NHL.  Similar to the Joint Drug thing in the MLB.  This was discovered on draft day (Friday), and terminated the following Monday.  Doesn't seem like it went through the protocol.  

If it's some criminal activity, Voynov has showed that even then it's hard to terminate the contract.  And he hasn't even been charged with anything yet.