• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is why All-Star Game Fan Voting is DUMB!

Chuck

If Trout, Pujols, Calhoun and Aybar were all leading in votes this thread would not be talking about the process.

You think that if Joyce, Gio, Ianetta and Freese were leading that Angel fans still wouldn't think this was a joke?

Come on Claude.

You think that if Joyce, Gio, Ianetta and Freese were leading that Angel fans still wouldn't think this was a joke?

Come on Claude.

Yeah I think everyone here would get a good laugh but it would certainly show that the Angels fans cared or overcared. Now if I see Johnny G in the Home Run Derby then the ASG weekend loses all credibility.

Yeah I think everyone here would get a good laugh but it would certainly show that the Angels fans cared or overcared. Now if I see Johnny G in the Home Run Derby then the ASG weekend loses all credibility.

no, it would show that Angel fans are as dumb as everyone else

So based on that lineup, the NL will have home field in the WS. Vogt should be in over Perez, Donaldson and probably Plouffe or Seager over Moustakas, Semien over Escobar, Brantley/Cespedes/Hanley over Gordon, and Lorenzo Cain doesn't even play right field so what's he doing there? And Infante 2nd among 2nd-basemen? Giavotella's putting up better numbers. There have been some embarrassingly bad years for ASG voting but this takes the cake. 

no, it would show that Angel fans are as dumb as everyone else

MT, it's called apathy. Angels fans don't really put much stock into All Star Games so we really shouldn't give a hoot if some other team does. Frankly I'm pissed that Kendrys Morales isn't leading at the DH position. Last season we had a great chance to stack the deck and get Garrett Richards in but we didn't give that any importance either.

You use the term apathy so it sounds negative.  I don't see it as being a negative at all.  I don't miss much about SoCal but one of the things I do miss is all of the things there are to do and that sports fans there aren't so binged up about their teams they aren't a bunch of a-holes.

Be happy you guys have lives outside of sports.

Donaldson should be in there over Moustakas. Nelson Cruz over Lorenzo Cain, Marcus Semien over Escobar at SS, Michael Brantley over Alex Gordon in LF and Steven Vogt over S. Perez at catcher. 

Semien's defense is a far cry from All Star worthy.  Dude's been awful.

1) Angels fans don't give a hoot about the All Star Game. They dont vote like other fan bases. Never have, never will.

Angels fans were ballot stuffing homers in the early 80s, I remember the stadium announcer making a big push in those years, not sure when or why it really stopped but it was obvious enough for me to notice it had changed.

Edited by Inside Pitch

MT, it's called apathy. Angels fans don't really put much stock into All Star Games so we really shouldn't give a hoot if some other team does. Frankly I'm pissed that Kendrys Morales isn't leading at the DH position. Last season we had a great chance to stack the deck and get Garrett Richards in but we didn't give that any importance either.

Is it really apathy?   You've got 3 million people going to games for a dozen years, so it seems as though people care enough to attend so....

What I would like to ask our AW member is this.

Give me your alternative to All-Star Game voting and how it would be most fair.

I think they need to go back to limiting the voting to the fans in attendance at the 20 home games preceding the cut off date. 1 vote per person in attendance. Voting would be with a #2 pencil (no hanging chads).

Also they need to remove any ASG bonuses from the player contracts.

My votes if I was basing it purely on merit/homerism.

1B - M Cab / Goldy

2B - Kipnis / Kendrick*

SS - Aybar* / Crawford

3B - Donaldson / Frazier (nobody saw this guy playing this well)

DH - Cruz

OF - Trout / Harper

OF - Jones / Stanton *

OF - Cain / Upton 

C -   Vogt / Posey

Stanton, Kendrick and Aybar are homer picks for me, and Upton could turn into McCutchen which might qualify as a homer pick too.

A thought occurs. Isn't KC covered by the google fiber? If so that makes them the only city to have both a Major League Baseball team and a legit high speed internet system (by global standards). Just sayin...

Semien's defense is a far cry from All Star worthy. Dude's been awful.

Angels fans were ballot stuffing homers in the early 80s, I remember the stadium announcer making a big push in those years, not sure when or why it really stopped but it was obvious enough for me to notice it had changed.

We won 98 games last season and made the playoffs. We have the best player in baseball leading our team. We have Albert Pujols, Weaver, Richards, Calhoun and Aybar. I think that there should be at least some level of excitement for this club. But like I said earlier, nobody really gives a hoot. On the flip side I think that the KC fans are excited about their team.

Salvador Perez has more votes than Trout? LOL!

The Royals are the most unlikeable team ever.

There was a thread at the beginning of the season that determined that you're just butthurt. I assume AJ will be here shortly with his collection of image macros.

I just think it's great there's not 1 Stankee or Bosuck in the starting lineup.

That being said I feel bad that Trout is gonna be forced to spend time with those unsanitary KC bums.

BTW I don't vote because:

1) The All Star game is typically boring bullshit

2) I don't watch the All Star game

3) I don't care who goes to the All Star game.

Does that make me a bad fan?