• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is why All-Star Game Fan Voting is DUMB!

Chuck

They want fans to participate so I understand that. How about each fan gets 1 vote and not as many as they effing please, players get a vote and managers/gms get a vote

This would be perfect. 1 per stool sample. ;)

We won 98 games last season and made the playoffs. We have the best player in baseball leading our team. We have Albert Pujols, Weaver, Richards, Calhoun and Aybar. I think that there should be at least some level of excitement for this club. But like I said earlier, nobody really gives a hoot. On the flip side I think that the KC fans are excited about their team.

The last time the Royals saw the postseason the Soviet Union still existed, Reagan was President, and Happy Days was still on TV.   Of course they are excited.

Look, I get that you always need to pick out a negative but, maybe..  just maybe -- local fans are actually choosing the best players and not being homers, there is also the possibility that being an area full of transplants they still vote for guys on their home town team.    Or maybe they have just been reading your posts and have decided all things Angels suck.

5 Royals as starters thus far, voted in by the fans errrr EVERYONE IN THE STATE OF Kansas?!?!

CGb0Bz_UYAAQ6a1_zpstspt3qez.jpg

Nope. The entire state of Kansas, the NW corner of Missouri, the SW corner of Iowa, and Nebraska.

Honestly, the only Angels player who deserves to start is Trout.

There was a thread at the beginning of the season that determined that you're just butthurt. I assume AJ will be here shortly with his collection of image macros.

Ok

The last time the Royals saw the postseason the Soviet Union still existed, Reagan was President, and Happy Days was still on TV. Of course they are excited.

Look, I get that you always need to pick out a negative but, maybe.. just maybe -- local fans are actually choosing the best players and not being homers, there is also the possibility that being an area full of transplants they still vote for guys on their home town team. Or maybe they have just been reading your posts and have decided all things Angels suck.

Angels fans vote for Trout. We'll just keep it at that.

My votes if I was basing it purely on merit/homerism.

1B - M Cab / Goldy

2B - Kipnis / Kendrick*

SS - Aybar* / Crawford

3B - Donaldson / Frazier (nobody saw this guy playing this well)

DH - Cruz

OF - Trout / Harper

OF - Jones / Stanton *

OF - Cain / Upton

C - Vogt / Posey

Stanton, Kendrick and Aybar are homer picks for me, and Upton could turn into McCutchen which might qualify as a homer pick too.

I love howie, but id probably take wong over him

What I would like to ask our AW member is this.

Give me your alternative to All-Star Game voting and how it would be most fair.

I have never liked fan voting, period. I remember years ago, when balloting was done on punch cards at the ballpark, a guy at Arlington had a piece of wood with nails driven through it at strategic points, had a huge stack of ballots and was punching dozens at a time.

I have never liked fan voting, period. I remember years ago, when balloting was done on punch cards at the ballpark, a guy at Arlington had a piece of wood with nails driven through it at strategic points, had a huge stack of ballots and was punching dozens at a time.

This is why you have to make it a #2 pencil.