• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Every Time Mike Napoli Hits A Homer vs. Angels

The Napoli/Rivera for Wells trade was part 2 of the ugly chain of awfulness that set the club back a couple seasons (part 1 was the failure to sign Beltre). Reagins ultimately paid for an Arte/Scioscia blunder

I said it before, Reagins was a patsy.

Let me say this....

The 2011 team started the season 22-22 and Reagins was demoted at the end of the season. There's no doubt that Reagins was forced to trade Naps at the behest of Scioscia and Arte. Now nearly four years later and after all of the trades and acquisitions by Dipoto only three players remain from the 2011 Opening Day roster Aybar, Weaver and Richards. Trout was not a Dipoto product and was called up in July of 2011. 

The 2015 team after Dipoto completely flipping the roster is on the verge of starting the season 22-22. This is Dipoto's team and I believe that Dipoto's one year option pickup after last season will be his last with the Angels if they fail to make the playoffs.

I said it before, Reagins was a patsy.

Let me say this....

The 2011 team started the season 22-22 and Reagins was demoted at the end of the season. There's no doubt that Reagins was forced to trade Naps at the behest of Scioscia and Arte. Now nearly four years later and after all of the trades and acquisitions by Dipoto only three players remain from the 2011 Opening Day roster Aybar, Weaver and Richards. Trout was not a Dipoto product and was called up in July of 2011.

The 2015 team after Dipoto completely flipping the roster is on the verge of starting the season 22-22. This is Dipoto's team and I believe that Dipoto's one year option pickup after last season will be his last with the Angels if they fail to make the playoffs.

GMs typically need a few years to mold their team. Look at epstien with the cubs. Unfortunately jerry wasn't given the chance to build from within, so he had to find stop gap players in hopes of competing. Imagine if instead of signing pujols, wilson and hamilton, they decided to restock and rebuild. This team would probably be just as good thanks to trout and they would be set for the future.

The future does't look very bright right now.

Edited by Poozy

it all started when we didn't pay up for beltre when arte thought we were the only bidders....low and behold texas swoops in even when they had young and it put them on the map.   the chane of events from that point are brutal.

some small fixes could have helped....sign cruz.   don't pitch to napoli ever....and now do not pitch to hamilton no matter how ugly his swing and average are.

i do not want to trade our depth unless its for a young stud like a guerrero.   or small talent out and bring back big money contract.   would rather see if our guys figure it out like green etc.     teams like KC seem like they are so far ahead of us...not sure one bat is going to do it...our guys are funking it so bad against even brand new pitchers...its been said here before a new pitcher debuting against us looks like hall of fame first ballet. 

start bringing guys up who are hitting in minors.   10 game lead or fall below 500 a couple games is the line to make some changes that affect some jobs.

I thought the failure to get CARL CRAWFORD panicked the team to "make a splash" and Toronto was an eager seller?

No Crawford...so let's get Wells.

Freakin' stupid that Scioscia continued his love affair with Jeff Mathis. I guess every time Mathis struck out, or banged into a DP...Scioscia would look down at his notes aka scouting reports from years gone by...and saw that Mathis was the #2 catching prospect behind Joe Mauer...so he has to be good.

That's one big finger in Scioscia's grill...

**** Mike Napoli. Go ahead and blame Sosh, it certainly seems he is the reason Nap was traded. There has to be a reason he was traded and from what I have heard is it had to do with his work ethic. I have no problem trading a guy that has poor work ethic. Dude kills us, but at least this season has been total shit, when not playing us. Which once again lends to his lack of focus or lack of ethic when he plays most days.