• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm so sick of Iannetta.

If anyone thinks this is an anomaly and not a regular occurrence every game I'm convinced they don't watch. I think it was a fangraph article that said last year CI gave away the most strikes. Is a year enough sample size?

Not that I am disagreeing with this because I think he is pretty mediocre behind the plate, but how can this be even a stat with how inconsistent home plate umpires are? Think about it, he isn't giving away strikes on pitches right down the middle, so he is giving away strikes on the corners or up and down, which is exactly the ones that umpires are consistently inconsistent. I would said this about any catch and not just Iannetta.

Chris Iannetta had a 3.0 fWAR last year, which ranked him 8th in all of baseball for catchers. He also had a positive defensive fwar.

He also had a higher fWAR than Pujols.

But he didn't frame pitches very well, so there's that...

Edited by Poozy

• 2 weeks later...

As horrible as he has been, I couldn't help but laugh when he got hit by Pujols' line drive yesterday.  Especially after not moving to third on that fly ball to the outfield, which would have resulted in him being nowhere near that ball.

The guy is just on another level of badness right now.

Edited by Reveille1984

• 2 weeks later...

Iannetta didn't just forget how to hit. He's had an OPS+ of 106 or better (122 last year) every year he's been here. It's early, just like these threads fans post prematurely freaking out about stupid things. Really weren't too many complaints in the first 300 games Iannetta's played here and 13 games into the season people are acting like it's a goddamn apocalypse. And I don't care to hear about someone saying a guy can't hit when they offer Butera as an alternative. Jesus Christ. Drew Butera? Are you ****ing kidding me? Any Angels fan who had to survive the Mathis era would NEVER agree with letting Butera start. Never. That's Scioscia logic right there. 

well said

Carlos Perez deserves all the credit for lighting a fire under Iannettas ass. The dude felt the pressure and realized play time and potential $$$$$ was slipping away and look what happened. The ultimate motivator MONEY.

Illuminati confirmed.

Carlos Perez deserves all the credit for lighting a fire under Iannettas ass. The dude felt the pressure and realized play time and potential $$$$$ was slipping away and look what happened. The ultimate motivator MONEY.

hardly ever the case, if ever.

Carlos Perez is the future. Ianetta is simply a place holder at this point.

Period.

I just hope Scioscia's allegiance to veterans will not affect his judgment.

You must be new here.

Seriously though...with Iannetta's bat finally thawing out a bit he's gonna be our primary catcher.  Kinda funny how it seems like Scioscia has done a complete 180 with catchers.  When Mathis and Napoli were here Scioscia obviously preferred the better defensive catcher, Mathis.  Now we have a better defensive catcher in Perez but it looks like he'll soon be relegated to starting day games after night games.