• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you like Chipotle?

We have a place here that serves what they call "New Mexican Cuisine". It is Mexican-like, but friends who are originally from New Mexico told me that it is very much in keeping with the local style of cooking there.

Yup, my family is from El Paso and the food my mother cooked was New Mexico style.

When I was a kid, I always questioned why enchiladas that other people made were rolled up while my mother made them stacked liked pancakes topped with a couple of over easy eggs.  Later on, I learned that every region cooked differently.

By the way, New Mexico style is still my favorite. 

Yup, my family is from El Paso and the food my mother cooked was New Mexico style.

When I was a kid, I always questioned why enchiladas that other people made were rolled up while my mother made them stacked liked pancakes topped with a couple of over easy eggs.  Later on, I learned that every region cooked differently.

great! what time should we come over?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Breakfast Burrito called a Breakfast Taco in New Mexico?  I can't remember if I saw that in NM or TX. 

I was invited to dinner by Mexicans every day for 2 years (missionary) and I have yet to find a single restaurant in the US that is "authentic" Mexican food. Even the hole in the wall places owned and operated by Mexicans who don't know a single word in English heavily cater to white people and their tastes.

What was different about the food? 

I was invited to dinner by Mexicans every day for 2 years (missionary) and I have yet to find a single restaurant in the US that is "authentic" Mexican food. Even the hole in the wall places owned and operated by Mexicans who don't know a single word in English heavily cater to white people and their tastes.

I watched a cooking show filmed in Mexico and they were chopping up pieces of BBQ'd  iguanas and putting them into tamales. I think the one's in the USA got it right.

Brandon I wouldn't compare Chipotle to INO, but I do like Chipotle. I loved it the first few times but have grown tired of it lately. I order the Barbacoa bowl. The Barbacoa is the only meat they don't prepare fresh there. INO is probably fresher than chipotle, but I'm not certain of that. I just know it's tough to get fresher than INO.

Also Brandon, try Jalapeños, you won't be disappointed, there's one on I think 1st St in Tustin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Breakfast Burrito called a Breakfast Taco in New Mexico?  I can't remember if I saw that in NM or TX. 

My grandparents live in El Paso. I've had breakfast tacos at a few places there. They are as different as burritos and tacos are here. As Jim Gaffigan says about Mexican food in America, "It's all the same thing: meat, cheese and veggies in a tortilla". Breakfast tacos are just tacos with breakfast burrito fillings but not wrapped up like a burrito.

I like good american tacos, and I like the little shitty street tacos. Miguels Jr. who some say is bland just tastes clean and fresh to me. There is a place in Anaheim, that I think we have discussed on here a few times called Mexi Casa. It is an OLD run down place, that still doesn't take credit cards and probably never will. Well it doesn't serve authentic Mexican Food, but the shredded beef tacos are fantastic.

I tried a new place the other night down by the Orange Circle. It doesn't even have a sign out front letting you know what the place is called, but the name of it is Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen. It is the kind of place you need to have a reservation for and it isn't your typical two taco combo type of place. It was pretty outstanding based on the quality of the food, and the freshness of the food. I also had a couple of jalapeno cucumber margaritas while I was there that were pretty damn good, similar to Javiers margaritas. I would recommend it if you are in the mood for something upscale (prices are good) and a little different. It wouldn't be my go to place for Mexican Food, but I really did like it a lot. Besides how bad can a place by that makes all of its own tortillas.