• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you like Chipotle?

I really liked Chipotle at first, but it has gone downhill.  They suffer from what a lot of places suffer from... a lack of consistency.  Employees are to blame.  One visit, they'll give you all onions if you get veggies.  The next visit, they'll drown your burrito in salsa.  

I've never been a huge fan of Miguel's but I've gone there more recently, partly because I know what I'm gonna get.  

Anyone picky about your rice? 

I hate soggy rice whether it's inside a burrito or served on a plate.  Fast food restaurants are always terrible in this regard, and it used to be that Chipotle did a better job.  Lately they've been slipping which is disappointing. 

Soggy rice on the verge of disintegrating into a paste similar to mashed potatoes grosses me out for some reason. 

It still comes down to leadership. We staff our stores with some teenagers, we just manage them and create standards.

Agree it's a leadership issue.

One of the other problems is they have to process all the customers from a single queue.  That line gets really long and the wait is longer than people are accustomed to in a fast food restaurant.  So they try to process people through the queue faster and then they get sloppy.

Agree it's a leadership issue.

One of the other problems is they have to process all the customers from a single queue. That line gets really long and the wait is longer than people are accustomed to in a fast food restaurant. So they try to process people through the queue faster and then they get sloppy.

That part doesn't really bother me. Think of it like this. In most places you get your order taken pretty quickly, but then wait to recieve your food. At Chipotle you only have one wait. It is there way of managing the flow of operation.

That part doesn't really bother me. Think of it like this. In most places you get your order taken pretty quickly, but then wait to recieve your food. At Chipotle you only have one wait. It is there way of managing the flow of operation.

in your first example, you only have one wait also

Anyone picky about your rice?

I hate soggy rice whether it's inside a burrito or served on a plate. Fast food restaurants are always terrible in this regard, and it used to be that Chipotle did a better job. Lately they've been slipping which is disappointing.

Soggy rice on the verge of disintegrating into a paste similar to mashed potatoes grosses me out for some reason.

Depends on how long they boil it for...or if it's even real or fresh rice. Soggy rice is generally too much water.

I remember when Tia made it from scratch it ends up coming out almost dry and really fluffy. It was also a little more bland than most.

As much as I love Mexican food, I don't like some of the authentic dishes or items like chorizo, menudo, or pozole.

Horchata is gross too, but I can put mole on damn near everything.

Mole is like steak sauce, the recipes vary greatly. My wife loves mole but not the sweat version. I tasted one version that had nutmeg overtones. Some are just plain horrible and probably out of a can instead of cooked on premises. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what one place calls mole and the next so I find it best to ask for a sample before destroying a meal with some weird brown ooze that they labeled mole when the cook burned some enchilada sauce.

Mole is like steak sauce, the recipes vary greatly. My wife loves mole but not the sweat version. I tasted one version that had nutmeg overtones. Some are just plain horrible and probably out of a can instead of cooked on premises. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what one place calls mole and the next so I find it best to ask for a sample before destroying a meal with some weird brown ooze that they labeled mole when the cook burned some enchilada sauce.

Correct.

That's why I just left it open. Some are better with different pairings. Agreed though that because they are different you shouldn't throw it on instantly. I usually only get it when a place has it on or prepares a certain dish with it..musically it's a safe bet it's good together. Then from there add it to some other items of I want to.

I tried a new place the other night down by the Orange Circle. It doesn't even have a sign out front letting you know what the place is called, but the name of it is Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen. It is the kind of place you need to have a reservation for and it isn't your typical two taco combo type of place. It was pretty outstanding based on the quality of the food, and the freshness of the food. I also had a couple of jalapeno cucumber margaritas while I was there that were pretty damn good, similar to Javiers margaritas. I would recommend it if you are in the mood for something upscale (prices are good) and a little different. It wouldn't be my go to place for Mexican Food, but I really did like it a lot. Besides how bad can a place by that makes all of its own tortillas.

I really enjoyed Gabby's the first couple of times I ate there. Then I realized how arrogant and assholish their owners are, along with insanely high prices (and relatively small portions).

Try Francoli (the Italian joint on the southwest corner of the circle itself) or Smoqued. Both are very good.

i don't understand why anybody living in southern california would go to chipotle.  even when i lived down there 20 years ago, there were awesome food trucks where you could get homemade toriillas, homemade chile/salsa, and really amazing beans.  from what i've heard, there's even more of that now.  

Sometimes a person just wants a Big Mac. You know what I'm saying?