• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you like Chipotle?

This question goes out to all the Mexicans

Does authentic Mexican food exist in California?  I ask because what is considered authentic Mexican food in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas doesn't taste or look the same.  Some of the naming is even different and I think the spices vary. 

Does authentic Mexican food exist in California?  I ask because what is considered authentic Mexican food in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas doesn't taste or look the same.  Some of the naming is even different and I think the spices vary. 

Tank?

My travels of the world have taught me that often times authentic is a bit much for my American taste so we learn to tweak things to our liking. Take what you like and add a little cilantro, lime, cumin, chili powder then serve it on a tortilla and call it Mexicanized. Add bean sprouts and oyster sauce and Chinafy it. Practically any dipping sauce can be improved with a shot of wasabe paste. Don't be afraid to mix and match.

BTW, never been to Chipotle. No idea if it's any good.

We have a place here that serves what they call "New Mexican Cuisine". It is Mexican-like, but friends who are originally from New Mexico told me that it is very much in keeping with the local style of cooking there.

Mexico is a big place just like the US.  Food is different in every region of the US.  Food is different in every region of Mexico.

how authentic is half the crap that's named to a culture.  

is pf chang authentic chinese?  nope.  but that crispy honey shrimp and mongolian beef are pretty tasty

what the hell kind of food is jack in the box?

chipotle is fast, fresh and pretty tasty.  It's actually not very healthy.  The portions are too big and it's fat city.  

Sometimes I'm in the mood for a fast food burrito and a double chicken with corn, cheese and pico does the trick.  Other times, it takes a del taco chicken burro with their special sauce (ranch) and about 30 packets of scorcho.  

Some days you need a sausage mcmuffin or a double double.  

It ain't french laundry, but it doesn't always have to be.

Lol at the jitb comment

I like ordering the regular soft tacos with the special sauce.

I tried the avocado fish tacos the other night, they're actually kinda good

That's called "Tex Mex" and yes, it's as bad as it sounds

Mexico is a big place just like the US.  Food is different in every region of the US.  Food is different in every region of Mexico.

I know.  I'm just wondering who's Mexican food is most representative of Mexico as a whole. 

In other words, does authentic Mexican food in California resemble what is found only in Baja California (i.e. Tijuana)?

That's called "Tex Mex" and yes, it's as bad as it sounds

Tex Mex originated from rancheros who migrated to Texas in the early 20th century, so you could say it's authentic Mexican food. There are also quite a few restaurants in Texas specializing in interior cuisine. Tex Mex, Sonoran cuisine in Arizona, California burritos, they're all delicious. 

Tex Mex originated from rancheros who migrated to Texas in the early 20th century, so you could say it's authentic Mexican food. There are also quite a few restaurants in Texas specializing in interior cuisine. Tex Mex, Sonoran cuisine in Arizona, California burritos, they're all delicious. 

I disagree. That crap has bled into Colorado and isn't edible in my opinion.