• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you like Chipotle?

I like Chipotle but if there were taco shops here like there are in San Diego I would never eat there.  Chipotle was spawned here before it was bought and then sold by McDonalds.  I read that some of the top McDonalds brass came over when they split from each other.

Edited by 1nutkruk

my experience started off on the wrong foot. at our last townhouse, chipotle bought a failed chinese restaurant across the street from us and converted it. those rats decided to start the demolition of the old place at 6 am on a saturday, waking up the entire neighborhood. those idiots were at it for a couple of weeks, including weekends. i immediately had no interest in their food because of their rudeness to us as neighbors.

wife finally convinced me to go. food was so-so, but i didn't like that my 8 year old daughter couldn't get a burrito smaller than a size 18 shoe. had some ultra perky cheerleader type server who didn't understand what i meant by "and this one is for a kid so please don't put in as much as you normally do."

my wife will go occasionally. they have some kind of tofu bowl that is tolerable. wouldn't go out of my way for their food.

Edited by Tank

The thing is, as mentioned, if you want good Mexican food you need to go to the most run down looking joint where they don't speak English and is 3/4 the price.

No reason to eat Chipotle in SoCal when there is likely a better place within the same shopping center.

exactly.

Maybe but Chipotle is the only place where you can stop in on the way home, get a burrito for yourself and pick up a chicken salad for your wife.  The places where they don't speak English don't have chicken salads.  

They may have tongue though.

You're eating fast food. You already made the mistake.

You guys are arguing the point like the person that gets the super sized combo but gets the diet coke to be healthy.

Not all fast food quality is the same. Sometimes you can't (or don't want to) avoid eating fast food. Chipotle, despite absurd prices, is at least relatively healthy. And certainly better than many other options. Edited by wopphil

Not all fast food quality is the same. Sometimes you can't (or don't want to) avoid eating fast food. Chipotle, despite absurd prices, is at least relatively healthy. And certainly better than many other options.

I get that part. I'm saying once you eat fast food you can't be health nut guy. Sure, you're on the road and make the best of the worst. I get that, but my original post about health wasn't about that. People seemed to be clamoring for good and "healthy" fast food...there is no such thing.

You can limit your macros between fast food joints, but it's not good or healthy to alternatives.

It's white people Mexican food

And? Nobody's called it authentic Mexican food. Even the company labels it as being a Mexican "Grill." You go in knowing what you're going to get. That's not a knock on what they're doing.

Not all fast food quality is the same. Sometimes you can't (or don't want to) avoid eating fast food. Chipotle, despite absurd prices, is at least relatively healthy. And certainly better than many other options.

I agree. Think of any chain and it really is a healthier option that satisfies hunger. I would suggest a bowl to anyone, you really get more than a burrito or tacos.

However, if you think about what they're doing, most of it is very easily prepared non-meat options, with other stuff (sour cream, salsa) they get in a bag.  Guaqamole I would say is its highlight. IMO they really have mediocre meat/protein products that they overshadow with the other crap they put on it. Anytime I've gotten steak, some of it is chewy. The barbacoa is super oily, the carnitas is dry, the chicken is dry. At a premium price, I really think the meat should be of much higher quality.

To me it's like an In 'n' Out with a Mexican influenced foundation. Although it's "fresh" and prepared "to order," it all pretty much has one flavor no matter what you order.

What's the point then? If it's not authentic, don't call it Mexican food. Just rename the place to "Chipotle: white people shit"

It is still a burrito.  Just because it isn't authentic doesn't mean shit.  Neither is Taco Bell, neither is most of the Mexican food in this country.

It still tastes good if you order the right thing.  It is fresh and they make it quickly.

how authentic is half the crap that's named to a culture.  

is pf chang authentic chinese?  nope.  but that crispy honey shrimp and mongolian beef are pretty tasty

what the hell kind of food is jack in the box?

chipotle is fast, fresh and pretty tasty.  It's actually not very healthy.  The portions are too big and it's fat city.  

Sometimes I'm in the mood for a fast food burrito and a double chicken with corn, cheese and pico does the trick.  Other times, it takes a del taco chicken burro with their special sauce (ranch) and about 30 packets of scorcho.  

Some days you need a sausage mcmuffin or a double double.  

It ain't french laundry, but it doesn't always have to be.