• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which decade had the best music?

Taylor

Which decade had the best music?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which decade had the best music?

60's and 80's.  70's had some great music too.  Overall the Rock/Hard Rock/Metal progression from the late 60's to mid 80's was incredible.

Problem with the 70's is you also had funk, disco, and other awful pop music.

That was part of the appeal of the 70s for me, Nate. Classic rock, classic pop, and even some fun disco. The 70s had it all.

There has been plenty of awful pop music in every era (thanks for allowing me a capt. obvious moment here).

This one. More new music is available than ever before. So many good live acts to see for under $20 at your local clubs. The net has changed the way we are exposed to music for the better.

Kids today are talented, and have more tools at their disposal than ever.

Interesting... Which current bands do you like? Personally, I think Arcade Fire is phenomenal and probably the best live act I have seen. The Black Keys are also quite good and deliver a very "classic rock-esque" sound. Other groups I like right now are: Of Monsters and Men, The Head and the Heart, The Black Angels, Architecture in Helsinki, and Band of Horses. Of course, that list is more of a "groups that started this millennium" rather than exclusively this decade.

With that said, my problem is that those bands don't tend to dominate the top of the billboard charts, where we are more likely to see Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc..

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

Interesting... Which current bands do you like? Personally, I think Arcade Fire is phenomenal and probably the best live act I have seen. The Black Keys are also quite good and deliver a very "classic rock-esque" sound. Other groups I like right now are: Of Monsters and Men, The Head and the Heart, The Black Angels, Architecture in Helsinki, and Band of Horses. Of course, that list is more of a "groups that started this millennium" rather than exclusively this decade.

With that said, my problem is that those bands don't tend to dominate the top of the billboard charts, where we are more likely to see Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc..

i'm a big arcade fire fan, too.  they're like david bowie/philip glass/brian eno for the 2000s-10s.  love it.  i dream of seeing them in concert some day. 

also a big believer in of monsters and men, and have been since before people knew who they were.

that said, i don't think it's fair to lump gaga in with azalea and beyonce.  gaga is a real musician. a classically trained vocalist who also plays, performs, and composes on an instrument (piano) very well, and writes just about all of her own music.  it's not token "writing" credits like beyonce or azalea get for writing some lame lyric in the middle of a chorus or something.  

Edited by cezero

i'm a big arcade fire fan, too.  they're like david bowie/philip glass/brian eno for the 2000s-10s.  love it.  i dream of seeing them in concert some day. 

also a big believer in of monsters and men, and have been since before people knew who they were.

that said, i don't think it's fair to lump gaga in with azalea and beyonce.  gaga is a real musician. a classically trained vocalist who also plays, performs, and composes on an instrument (piano) very well, and writes just about all of her own music.  it's not token "writing" credits like beyonce or azalea get for writing some lame lyric in the middle of a chorus or something.

I've seen both those bands in very small venues and they both blew me away. The talent is out there, you just have to find it.