• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

On 6/30/2016 at 9:02 PM, calscuf said:

I'm pretty sure he's still a better person than ISIS.

Unless Jay throws gays off tall buildings, burns people alive, feeds cooked family members to other family members, beheads children and makes the moms spread the blood all over themselves and has the smallest dick in the world, he's probably still a little better.

Cals, I must say you look better in your avatar than the last time I saw you.  You have lost weight.  Did you quit eating pork and spicy lamb?

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

ISIS crosses the line (if that's even possible with these savages) and attacks Medina.

Muslims are now speaking out against them. This should be interesting.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/muslim-scholars-condemn-terror-acts-kingdom/

So throwing gays off rooms, burning people alive, feeding people to their relatives, decapitating young children, rape, murder, blowing up markets and other mosques, enslaving a populace that is non muslim, and rape is not crossing the line.  But the moment they bomb in their friends Saudi Arabia's territory, it's all of a sudden they have no respect for any sanctity and they have no religion or conscience. 

39 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So throwing gays off rooms, burning people alive, feeding people to their relatives, decapitating young children, rape, murder, blowing up markets and other mosques, enslaving a populace that is non muslim, and rape is not crossing the line.  But the moment they bomb in their friends Saudi Arabia's territory, it's all of a sudden they have no respect for any sanctity and they have no religion or conscience. 

These are all things that many Muslims, not just ISIS, think are just fine. This is a barbaric 'religion'.

But attacking the sacred sites is truly "crossing the line" in these people's minds.

I've lived nearly 15 full years out of the last 20 in predominately Muslim countries and I don't believe I've met anyone who thinks throwing people off roofs or burning them alive is acceptable. In fact the ones I encounter everyday are fighting it directly. They just don't have a good publicist in the west these days.

The level of evil here seems pretty much on par with what I encountered in the Christian and Buddhist places I've spent significant time.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

He loses me with the second half of his article, starting with: "They have no regard for Islam."

These are people who are killing themselves along with others in hopes that they will wake up in paradise because they believe the creator of the universe wants them to do so, as prescribed by a holy book that they deem infallible.  I agree that these people do not represent Muslims, but to claim "they have no regard for Islam" is flat out wrong.  

Plus, his analogies toward the end are ridiculous.  

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

These are all things that many Muslims, not just ISIS, think are just fine. This is a barbaric 'religion'.

You're entitled to your opinion, but by your same logic, your so-called 'religion' was oppressive and barbaric for centuries. But I guess you're cool with ignoring that.

I think ITP's point is somewhat correct.  (it can't be completely correct because he's a dirty lib).

As Christians our hands are not clean.  We spend a lot of time trying to explain how those who do horrible things in the name of Christ are not really doing so and/or not true believers.  Currently what we have to explain away pales in comparison to what they are right now.

It actually saddens me because if you look in the past during their first expansion into northern Africa and Spain they spread knowledge and education.  They didn't look to destroy the existing cultures.  It is almost like they are moving backwards.  Almost de-evolving. 

People like doing horrible things to people whom they can distinguish from themselves in some way. Race often works. But what works even better is using your "creator" and His Holy commands to justify it. Pretty much every religious text has those justifications if you choose to look for them.

Only in the last few generations have we in the west decided to be less cruel to others. Like it or not we're going to have to give these dumbasses a little more time to catch up. It's only 1437 on their calendar and anyone with a history book knows where we were at that stage. 

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

People like doing horrible things to people whom they can distinguish from themselves in some way. Race often works. But what works even better is using your "creator" and His Holy commands to justify it. Pretty much every religious text has those justifications if you choose to look for them.

Only in the last few generations have we in the west decided to be less cruel to others. Like it or not we're going to have to give these dumbasses a little more time to catch up. It's only 1437 on their calendar and anyone with a history book knows where we were at that stage. 

yep. The Peasant Revolt in Transylvania

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think ITP's point is somewhat correct.  (it can't be completely correct because he's a dirty lib).

As Christians our hands are not clean.  We spend a lot of time trying to explain how those who do horrible things in the name of Christ are not really doing so and/or not true believers.  Currently what we have to explain away pales in comparison to what they are right now.

It actually saddens me because if you look in the past during their first expansion into northern Africa and Spain they spread knowledge and education.  They didn't look to destroy the existing cultures.  It is almost like they are moving backwards.  Almost de-evolving. 

STFU Righty!

53 minutes ago, Lou said:

yep. The Peasant Revolt in Transylvania

Just three years away from the invention of the printing press and ushering in the age of enlightenment, reformation and literacy. Europe moved forward quickly compared to social structure change the preceeding millenia. 

The Arab world had refined mathematics and navigation then followed the teachings of a rich prince that starved himself and sat in steam baths until he hallucinated and drove their society back centuries in development. 

Choices. 

2 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

How soon you forget.

Sorry, but he posted that I said (or implied that I believe) Christianity wasn't a religion until it had an "Enlightenment". I honestly don't remember saying that, or anything like it. And I definitely don't believe it. I think Christianity started with Jesus and His twelve apostles, back around 30 A.D. It was a religion from the start.