• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon leaving Rays

Jammer36

Twins would be a perfect fit. Newer ballpark, talent rich farm system with kids ready to make the jump in the next year or two, would allow Twins to not spend so much this offseason selling the point to season ticket holders that they got the best manager to do the most with little.

It would be TB but with a much nicer stadium and a GM who would spend a little more than TB would.

Whoever the next manager is, I hope he puts the lineup on the field each day that gives his team the best chance to win regardless of the player's salaries or service time. I love Arte, but as long as he's the owner, that is never going to happen. The only manager in baseball that I see doing that consistently has won a couple of World series in the last few years and may be on his way to number 3. He may also be the only manager who's got more authority on who plays than his owner or GM right now.

Whoever the next manager is, I hope he puts the lineup on the field each day that gives his team the best chance to win regardless of the player's salaries or service time. I love Arte, but as long as he's the owner, that is never going to happen. The only manager in baseball that I see doing that consistently has won a couple of World series in the last few years and may be on his way to number 3. He may also be the only manager who's got more authority on who plays than his owner or GM right now.

Just imagine... the Angels could have had the best record in baseball if he did that.

I've heard or read that In 2012 the Giants traded Bengie Molina to the Rangers because Bochy would not start Buster Posey at catcher... he kept putting Molina there when the front office wanted Posey.... 

Just saying....

I've heard or read that In 2012 the Giants traded Bengie Molina to the Rangers because Bochy would not start Buster Posey at catcher... he kept putting Molina there when the front office wanted Posey.... 

Just saying....

... and thanks to that move by the Giants' front office we're all stuck with ridiculous plate blocking rules now  :(

amazing what happens when you aren't drafting at the top of the first round every year

There's that and they have had some seriously ugly picks that have gone completely sideways.  They had the first overall pick in the draft in 2008 (Tim Beckham), in seven minor league seasons he's hit a combined .267/.332/.381.  The only other player from that draft to even get to MLB is Kyle Lobstein who is with Detroit.

None of their top 10 picks from 2009 have even made it to AAA -- the only player who seen any MLB time is with the Cubs, Zach Rosscup.  

Their 2010 draft had them taking three players in the first round and five of the first 79, none of those first round picks have advanced beyond AA and of those first five picks only Derek Dietrich has advanced to MLB -- with the Marlins.   Jesse Hahn was taken in the 6th round and had success with SD, but the only guy they have gotten anything out of was 31st rounder Kevin Kiermaier.

Their 2011 class saw them make 10 (yes TEN) first round picks including their supplemental picks, highlighted by the first round selection of Taylor Guerrieri, who's pitched well but made even more news for being suspended for drug usage.  Nobody else from that class has spent a day in MLB and only one of those TEN first rounders has advanced beyond AA, six are still in A ball.

The 2012, and 2013 drafts look pretty awful, still to early to tell about last year class but TB is supposed to be one of those brilliant franchises that is smarter than everyone else.  Seems the smart people are abandoning ship before their reputations take a hit.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Twins would be a perfect fit. Newer ballpark, talent rich farm system with kids ready to make the jump in the next year or two, would allow Twins to not spend so much this offseason selling the point to season ticket holders that they got the best manager to do the most with little.

It would be TB but with a much nicer stadium and a GM who would spend a little more than TB would.

Twins would be a good fit, though I thought Molitor had the inside track. Young team with some of the top prospects in the game. If you are going to jump ship on the Rays now is certainly the time...obviously Friedman was looking at the future and thinking the same thing.