• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon leaving Rays

Jammer36

Unfortunately, Arte isn't going to eat Scioscia's large contract (otherwise he probably would've been long gone by now).

Too bad because we could use a manager who isn't a prehistoric dinosaur.

I will post the same stuff on every thread regardless of the content and then wonder why I get so much pushback about my posts.

Unfortunately, Arte isn't going to eat Scioscia's large contract (otherwise he probably would've been long gone by now).

Too bad because we could use a manager who isn't a prehistoric dinosaur.

Come on, Really?!!

I get the sentiment for not liking Sosh. But you cannot be serious after we just finished the 2014 season with the best record in baseball with the prehistoric dinosaur at the helm?

Come on, Really?!!

I get the sentiment for not liking Sosh. But you cannot be serious after we just finished the 2014 season with the best record in baseball with the prehistoric dinosaur at the helm?

Careful, he will get upset at you for having a different opinion.

What does it say about Maddon that by simply being available, it puts some existing managers on notice?  All of a sudden there's speculation that he could go to the Cubs, Dodgers or Mets - all of which have managers.  What would it say about Maddon if he were to pursue any of those situations?  I would think that managing is a small fraternity and some are probably watching this with interest.  I'm inclined to believe he would sit out this off season and wait to see what develops during the 2015 season or shortly after it.

Damn.  Little chance Maddon finds his way here now.  Not that there was a great chance, but the timing killed any, it seems.  I'm not looking forward to fifteen more years of silly strategy and hearing the Angels manager talk about lineup continuity and cohesion.  

Good for Maddon.  He'll get paid and probably go to a better situation.   I guess I won't get the chance to meet him in Tampa next year.  

There's that and they have had some seriously ugly picks that have gone completely sideways. They had the first overall pick in the draft in 2008 (Tim Beckham), in seven minor league seasons he's hit a combined .267/.332/.381. The only other player from that draft to even get to MLB is Kyle Lobstein who is with Detroit.

None of their top 10 picks from 2009 have even made it to AAA -- the only player who seen any MLB time is with the Cubs, Zach Rosscup.

Their 2010 draft had them taking three players in the first round and five of the first 79, none of those first round picks have advanced beyond AA and of those first five picks only Derek Dietrich has advanced to MLB -- with the Marlins. Jesse Hahn was taken in the 6th round and had success with SD, but the only guy they have gotten anything out of was 31st rounder Kevin Kiermaier.

Their 2011 class saw them make 10 (yes TEN) first round picks including their supplemental picks, highlighted by the first round selection of Taylor Guerrieri, who's pitched well but made even more news for being suspended for drug usage. Nobody else from that class has spent a day in MLB and only one of those TEN first rounders has advanced beyond AA, six are still in A ball.

The 2012, and 2013 drafts look pretty awful, still to early to tell about last year class but TB is supposed to be one of those brilliant franchises that is smarter than everyone else. Seems the smart people are abandoning ship before their reputations take a hit.

What do they pay their scouts in? Cracker Jacks?

That's some pathetic scouting!

Maddon said wasn’t aware he had opt out clause in pact if Friedman left and it was #Rays prez Silverman who told him

And people want a guy that doesn't even know what his contract options are?

BTW, Silverman wouldn't have told him about the clause if he wasn't wanting Maddon to use it.