• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vargas to start Game 1

WallyWorld

I guess that means Duffy for game 2 then, and pushing Ventura to game 4 and Guthrie to the pen?

Unless they want to use all 5 starters if it goes the full 5 games?

More reason than EVER to hit Hamilton 6th or 7th in game 1

I'm not sure they plan on using Ventura as a starter...then again Yost may opt to go with a 6 man rotation for the series.

Yost screwing up his teams chances already.

Vargas has given up what like 18 earned runs in his last 4 starts. Hasnt gotten past the 6th inning in almost a month.

And Adam Kennedy had 0 hr all of 2002 and knocked in 3 in a game

It's October anything can happen

I'm not sure they plan on using Ventura as a starter...then again Yost may opt to go with a 6 man rotation for the series.

laugh...looks like I'm wrong as it appears Ventura lines up for game 2....Still can't rule out the 6 man rotation though

some of you guys need to find your confidence. believe in the angels, start flapping your wings or something. enjoy the ride, until it's over. the playoffs are a rollercoaster, with all the thrills that highs and lows bring with them. i'm friggin' psyched!

some of you guys need to find your confidence. believe in the angels, start flapping your wings or something. enjoy the ride, until it's over. the playoffs are a rollercoaster, with all the thrills that highs and lows bring with them. i'm friggin' psyched!

I don't think anyone cowering in the corner. Just trying to look at all the numbers and other info objectively. Otherwise, these threads turn into useless rah rah bullshit. "we're going to kill him". "vargas sucks". "Angels will DOMINATE!!!" "yes!!!" what's the point in reading that stuff?

I don't think anyone cowering in the corner. Just trying to look at all the numbers and other info objectively. Otherwise, these threads turn into useless rah rah bullshit. "we're going to kill him". "vargas sucks". "Angels will DOMINATE!!!" "yes!!!" what's the point in reading that stuff?

The Angels are facing Vargas and Ventura in the first two games of the ALDS, instead of Samar...whatever his name is, guess we don't have to learn it as his season his over and he'll be traded during the offseason...and Grey or Lester.

That's a good thing.

The Angels are facing Vargas and Ventura in the first two games of the ALDS, instead of Samar...whatever his name is, guess we don't have to learn it as his season his over and he'll be traded during the offseason...and Grey or Lester.

That's a good thing.

agreed! I wanted no part of the A's and their staff. I much prefer facing KC, as their pitching isn't nearly as consistent. But I think we can all agree, chances are we're not going to knock around every starter not named Shields.

agreed! I wanted no part of the A's and their staff. I much prefer facing KC, as their pitching isn't nearly as consistent. But I think we can all agree, chances are we're not going to knock around every starter not named Shields.

I'm not sure that is the case at all. I think there is a good chance the Angels offense can put up some crooked numbers against anyone they face, especially the Royals starters. And serious question...how did Shields get the name "Big Game" outside of it rhyming with his first name?

I liked Vargas when he was with us -- did everything we pretty much asked of him.

Angels didn't want to give him a FOUR year deal for the money KC gave him so we lost him -- not too upset about that -- but Vargas has pitched well for KC this year.

no hard feelings vs. Vargas..........we left him, he didn't leave us.........he got a better deal from KC an organization on the up-swing and do so at a time when not too many other teams (certainly not the Halos) was seeking to give him a FOUR year deal and the money he was asking........

good for Vargas, good for KC -- now let's go out and beat him Thursday night.