• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

what are you reading lately?

3 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

@Homebrewer James Lee Burke is really good. You might like Charlie Huston.

Just started another Burke, "Bitteroot". I've spent a lot of time in that area (lived in Cour d'Alene Id.) so it's kinda cool that he sets some of his novels in and around that NW Montana and N Idaho area.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check into him! (I'll be through everything Burke has out there before long)

You just caught my attention, I have fished the Bitterroot my entire life. My favorite area is the West Fork. My father owns a small spread overlooking the Bitterroot as it winds it's way through the valley down in Stevensville. Now I'm going to have to pick up the book since I have some days off coming up.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You just caught my attention, I have fished the Bitterroot my entire life. My favorite area is the West Fork. My father owns a small spread overlooking the Bitterroot as it winds it's way through the valley down in Stevensville. Now I'm going to have to pick up the book since I have some days off coming up.

It's a wonderful area. I've been all over that territory, from Kalispell and Flathead Lake to Troy and Libby along the Yak, to Hamilton where a girlfriend of mine was from. Backpacked and horse-packed in some real remote areas like the headwaters of the Clearwater, that straddles the Id.-Mont border...some of the remotest and pristine wilderness in the lower 48. Wolves, Moose, Grizzly (especially the wolves that are curious and pretty brave) Herds of Elk that would just look up and continue grazing as you walk by. Wild weather, summer thunder-snow storms...stuff you never see anywhere else. 

And the fishing...all wild and natives...cutthroat, browns, 5lb rainbows that feed 4 really hungry people...

Awesome place.

I have time off coming up but my ankles are so shot I can't walk the river otherwise I would fly up there next week. I miss just listening to the water bounce over rocks, don't even have to do anything more than stand there, breathe in all of the smells and listen to the water. Maybe I'll go anyway just to park next to the edge and set up a chair to do some lazy bobber fishing.

An old GF was Hamilton born and raised. Her family owned the funeral home there for many years (it has since changed hands) It is in a beautiful old handcrafted home that was a mansion at one time, around 10,000 sq ft. We met working at the public golf course in Coeur D'Alene.

I do miss that area, but not the winters, and haven't visited in a long time.

16 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Done a lot of fishing/skiing on Lake Pend Oreille and some on Flathead. Been to Glacier National Park too. Awesome country up there.

I learned to ski at Schwitzer . Always wanted to go for one of the huge Kokanee that live deep in Pend Oreille but never got the chance.

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Worm,hellgrammite, grasshopper fishing...that's my style anyhow.

Never got into the whole fly thing.

OH damn,  are you a long lost brother? My dad and brothers all went the fly route and I just can't warm up to it. For my 50th my dad bought me a beautiful fly rod and reel and try as I might I just don't get any pleasure out of it. Maybe it's because my grandfather was a bait fisherman and I always held him in high regard. 

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I was just in Hamilton a few weeks ago for my son's state swim finals.  A beautiful area.  We came in through Missoula but left going south through Darby.  Love the area but wouldn't love all of the fires.  There was a big one the day we left.

They seem to get a good one every five years in that area. Parents live off the 93 between Missoula and Hamilton. Grandfather lived in Victorville and Corvallis along the same route. It has built up tremendously in the last 20 years. Used to be only a couple of farms dotting the river and now it's subdivided into smaller lots. 

On 2/19/2016 at 2:48 PM, Tank said:

i need to read it. was never assigned to me in school.

Did you read it yet?

The House of Secrets - Brad Meltzer, good book.  Meltzer is awesome, such a great writer and a very interesting person.  If you have kids, his series of biographies for kids are excellent.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Did you read it yet?

The House of Secrets - Brad Meltzer, good book.  Meltzer is awesome, such a great writer and a very interesting person.  If you have kids, his series of biographies for kids are excellent.

still have not red TKAM. the time i spend online has taken over time i used to spend reading. haven't quite found a way to balance all of it yet.

brad meltzer intrigues me. i've known he was an author, but haven't read any of his stuff yet because of his tv show on the history channel. his tv show is rather low-brow and i dont really care for their conclusions or how "oh, that means JFK was having an affair" kind of approach. have been afraid his books would be the same kind of quality.

2 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

Hey the equipment for broom ball is way cheaper than hockey so some parents would thank the kid

no argument from me on the expense. more like seeing talent potential not being fulfilled, like turning on the history channel and seeing a show about people who live in a swamp and hunt gators once in a while.

On 9/6/2016 at 2:51 PM, Tank said:

no argument from me on the expense. more like seeing talent potential not being fulfilled, like turning on the history channel and seeing a show about people who live in a swamp and hunt gators once in a while.

there was a show a while back, city folk would go into rivers in the south and catch huge fish by hand.

it was pretty great.