• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

what are you reading lately?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 7:46 PM, cezero said:

Started The Wheel of Time series over again for the fist time since 1990 or so. 

I'm getting a LOT more out of it now that I've taught mythology for so long. What a wonderful series it was for the first 5-6 books. Top notch. 

The end of Lord of Chaos (Dumai's Wells) is still one of my favorite

7 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

I've read all of his stuff. Love Harry Bosch! You might like George Pelecanos too. He wrote for The Wire & Treme, but he is a novelist first.

I've read all his books also. Hieronymus Bosch is definitely an interesting character. 

Thanks for the tip on Pelecanos.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

Gonna be starting "Water for the Angels." It's about William Mullholland, the building of the aqueduct, and the development of Los Angeles. I got to travel to Bishop several times for work a few years ago and became really interested in the water issues and history.

Let me know how that is, please. Sounds interesting.

On 12/23/2016 at 6:50 AM, ELEVEN said:

I've read all of his stuff. Love Harry Bosch! You might like George Pelecanos too. He wrote for The Wire & Treme, but he is a novelist first.

Thanks for reminding me of Pelicanos. Haven't read him in a while, have to check him out again.

45 minutes ago, Ordos said:

Let me know how that is, please. Sounds interesting.

Will do. The history of L.A.'s "theft" of water from the Owens Valley is pretty interesting. When you drive through the Valley, every other vehicle on the road is an LAWDP truck. L.A. wouldn't be what it is but for water from that region.

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Will do. The history of L.A.'s "theft" of water from the Owens Valley is pretty interesting. When you drive through the Valley, every other vehicle on the road is an LAWDP truck. L.A. wouldn't be what it is but for water from that region.

I had a professor in college that went into LA history a bit, was quite intriguing. He touched on the aqueduct for a bit, but also on the LA Times, oil money, and some of the families, such as the Buffums and Chandlers. Would love to get back into some of that history.

just bought two books on a whim:

"the morning miracle" - im a software dude and we tend to have wacky hours, which usually means late nights. but im working to switch my schedule so that i get more done earlier, like my workouts, so i have my evenings free. buddy of mine recommended this for that switch to productive mornings.

"wherever you go, there you are" - book on meditation, friend told me it's a great read so i picked it up. i love stuff like this. 

You and my wife would get along well. She cannot sit in a quiet room. I will remove my hearing aids just to lessen the sounds in a room with nothing going on. She gets a little fidgety if we go to bed together and I shut off the television.