• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

These were Americans living in one of the most posh cities in CA.  They obviously took on that complex but it was different.

It wasn't like their way of life was threatened, it was more of an entitled brat that wasn't getting their way.

These were Americans living in one of the most posh cities in CA.  They obviously took on that complex but it was different.

It wasn't like their way of life was threatened, it was more of an entitled brat that wasn't getting their way.

I don't know about the son, but Irv was what, one or two generations removed from the Holocaust? 

Regardless, their methods do not work anyway.  There are better ways for groups aligned with Israel to benefit Israel. 

Yeah, trying to blow up an Arab congressman's office is not a good way to go about things.

All due respect, MT, you are making some big assumptions.  The JDL is an extreme organization that did not represent Jews as a whole.  Their thought process was not that of a person who lost family members in the holocaust.  It would be like considering Westboro Baptist as an accurate representation of Baptists.

My family lost family members in the holocaust and aside from disdain toward Germans and a feeling of patriotism toward Israel, they do not hold any of the virtues that JDL does.

Yeah, trying to blow up an Arab congressman's office is not a good way to go about things.

All due respect, MT, you are making some big assumptions.  The JDL is an extreme organization that did not represent Jews as a whole.  Their thought process was not that of a person who lost family members in the holocaust.  It would be like considering Westboro Baptist as an accurate representation of Baptists.

My family lost family members in the holocaust and aside from disdain toward Germans and a feeling of patriotism toward Israel, they do not hold any of the virtues that JDL does.

I don't think that comparison works nate.  I'm glad that your family doesn't suffer some of the negative affects from what happened and I agree that their methods were dumb.  I just don't think that paranoia is a crazy sympton of what happened. 

So what's their reaction?  It's obviously beneficial, but I'd think it was kinda creepy.

Jews are not nearly as protective of their religion and beliefs as other religions.  They do not have an issue sharing their holy sites as long as there is peace.  In some ways Jews are defensive of their religion toward Christians because of the fact you stated and the whole old testament new testament thing but not in a way you would imagine.  Mostly they are just concerned with their own traditions and beliefs.

If that makes sense.

Went through my email and found the Jewish Journal writeup of when Ari died.  His Ex-girlfriend sent it to me when she found out.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/tomstopics/item/violent_end_for_jdl_leaders_ari_rubins_death_ruled_suicide_201208151

The mother was bad news, she was very overbearing and probably the worst when it came to playing the victim.

My mom lost many of her family to the holocaust and was born in Russia where she faced extreme antisemitism as a kid. Ended up moving to Israel as a teenager.

With that being said, she definitely has a paranoia disorder. No clue if that mental illness has anything to do with the holocaust and growing up in a very antisemitic russia though. 

It's a very serious mental illness because it's almost impossible to treat. The person with the disorder is usually never able to accept that there might be something wrong with them.

Edited by Poozy

I went to HS with Irv Rubin's son Ari and knew him well.  I met Irv several times.  They were extreme to say the least.  Lots of issues in that family.

Ari died a few years after his dad committed suicide in jail.

Someone from the JDL came and spoke to our Religions of the World Class at Pepperdine a few years ago. The guy was a relative of Irv Rubin if I remember correctly, and he was adamant about Rubin being set up and his suicide faked.

If it was a man in his mid 20's with a Jew, curl it was probably Ari.

Hmm, there were actually two guys. An older dude who looked about 70 and a guy that matches that description. It was the older guy who talked about Irv Rubin. 

When did Ari pass away? This would have been spring 2010 when I took this class.

Actually, after doing a quick Google image search, I'm pretty sure it was Ari. The older guy was named John Schafer, who also appeared on the image search for "Ari Rubin JDL."

Strange, I don't remember John mentioning that Irv was Ari's dad.

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=findings&utm_campaign=globalslaveryindex

Notice something most of the countries listed in the above article have in common with the pic above?

The only thing I noticed are the countries that abstained, you know, the ones that have no balls because of financial or economic agreements with the US.

Actually the fighting won't end until Israel destroys all their tunnels (and rightfully so). I just wish that they'd be more careful and not shoot in the vicinity of UN schools. Those are supposed to be safe zones but they've hit a few of them; even the US is coming down a little hard on Israel for their reckless firing. That said, Hamas or another faction didn't do the Palestinian civilians any favors with that suicide bomb stunt they pulled a few days ago.

I'm not reading anymore of this... Flop- you're either out of your mind, or seriously under-educated.

Hamas' goal is the elimination of Israel.  Period.  They will never stop.  As jihadi-Muslims will never stop their terror-campaign of world-domination of the Muslim religion.

Study some history, for a good offense is sometimes the best defense.  Especially against enemies that lob rockets into your Country and dig tunnels to allow their suicide-bombers to enter.

Israel is defending itself, plain and simple.

I don't exactly support Hamas, but Israel definitely deserves more condemnation. Every UN nation but the U.S. voted to launch an investigation into Israeli war crimes. Good ol' Obama instead chose to send Israel more genocide funds. 

Moshe Feiglin has called for concentration camps in Gaza. I seem to recall something similar in 1940s Europe, something to do with Nazis. 

https://www.facebook.com/MFeiglin/posts/695450140534104