• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

Pooz, I've seen you complain a number of times about why the media gives the Palestinian/Israeli conflict a lot of attention. But let's not forget back in 06 when Hezbollah and Israel received just as much coverage. I think Israel is put under the microscope because they are our main ally and because they've had a direct hand in creating their enemies. I came across an interesting quote by one of Israel's former prime ministers a while ago:

”When we entered Lebanon, there was no Hezbollah. We were accepted with perfumed rice and flowers by the Shia in the south. It was our presence there that created Hezbollah”.

They got nothing out of that nearly two decade long occupation except a brand new enemy that shouldn't even exist. Their reasons for invading Lebanon were bunk to begin with and their reasons for staying as long as they did were even worse. It adds to the point that Taylor made yesterday... it's not difficult to understand why they don't always receive much sympathy.

Pooz, I've seen you complain a number of times about why the media gives the Palestinian/Israeli conflict a lot of attention. But let's not forget back in 06 when Hezbollah and Israel received just as much coverage. I think Israel is put under the microscope because they are our main ally and because they've had a direct hand in creating their enemies. I came across an interesting quote by one of Israel's former prime ministers a while ago:

”When we entered Lebanon, there was no Hezbollah. We were accepted with perfumed rice and flowers by the Shia in the south. It was our presence there that created Hezbollah”.

They got nothing out of that nearly two decade long occupation except a brand new enemy that shouldn't even exist. Their reasons for invading Lebanon were bunk to begin with and their reasons for staying as long as they did were even worse. It adds to the point that Taylor made yesterday... it's not difficult to understand why they don't always receive much sympathy.

Not going to argue with you about the reasoning for them invading Lebanon and how they've created their own enemies. 

I completely disagree with the notion that they receive so much media coverage and public obsession mainly because they are allied with the U.S. though.

Edited by Poozy

Invasion is not defense, its really that simple to those who dont think Israel is infallible.  Thats not defending Hamas, thats not anti Israel, thats logic.

If you can guarantee me that every casualty, every injury, all this collateral damage we are seeing right now is Hamas, fine, but we both know you cant.

Its hilarious to me how EVERY single time someone disagrees, we are called uneducated.  its laughable.

What's laughable is you asking for guarantees of no collateral damage during a war, along with invasion is not defense.

Invaded Germany, Japan, Afghanistan= defended America

I'm not even criticizing the US.. I'm just saying the situations are completely different. 

But lets not be ignorant here.

The US doesn't receive anything close to the public outrage that Israel does.

150-200k civilians have died in the never ending conflicts going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, and pakistan. I'm not seeing any protests, UN investigations and genocide accusations.

This has more to do with the obsession with Israel than anything. The Anti semites/conspiracy theorists, Liberals and muslims love to obsess over this tiny conflict while completely ignoring the countless atrocities currently going on right now.

sorry, but i call Bull.

We are generally hated in many parts of the world for exactly these reasons.

Even our own supposed allies question us outside of England

We get perhaps even more outrage than Israel does from what i see, but again, we see it very differently so

Flop, I think Israel gets a pass because

1. Their actions are defensive

2. They're under constant attack by Hamas

3. Most of the world doesn't want to see another holocaust/genocide

This all ends tomorrow if Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel, and if Hamas stops hiding in hospitals, schools, and neighborhoods.

1.  sorry, invasion isnt defensive no mater how you spin it.

2. true, doesnt justify killing innocents

3. also true, but i dont see too many of them stepping up to do anything about it except us and we get to share in the hatred for payment while the rest keep the blood of their hands.

Does it stop tomorrow if Hamas stops.. i doubt it, some other group of extremist morons will take up the cause as has been the case since there has been an Israel.  We might not be talking about Hamas anymore but there will be another, and another, and another...

What's laughable is you asking for guarantees of no collateral damage during a war, along with invasion is not defense.

Invaded Germany, Japan, Afghanistan= defended America

i never asked for guarantees, i never expected any, you assume things i never said.

what i have said, once again, is that i do not consider what Israel is doing defensive. 

Justified or not isnt the issue, fair or not isnt the issue, right or wrong isnt even the issue.. what is the issue to me is calling it a defensive tactic when you invade and blow up everything in sight whether its part of the enemy, or not.

It really is that simple.. im not arguing merits, im not arguing justification, im not arguing for Hamas or any other cowardly organization like that, im simply saying, for the 50th time, that it is ridiculous to call what they are doing right now defensive.

now, can we please stop with the tangents and assumptions?   please?

1.  sorry, invasion isnt defensive no mater how you spin it.

2. true, doesnt justify killing innocents

3. also true, but i dont see too many of them stepping up to do anything about it except us and we get to share in the hatred for payment while the rest keep the blood of their hands.

Does it stop tomorrow if Hamas stops.. i doubt it, some other group of extremist morons will take up the cause as has been the case since there has been an Israel.  We might not be talking about Hamas anymore but there will be another, and another, and another...

Yes it is.  If you are killing those that threaten your country, you are defending your country.

Yes it is.  If you are killing those that threaten your country, you are defending your country.

This is not a nation at war with another nation.. this is not Israel vs Gaza.. this is Israel versus Hamas, a group of militant extremists that many of which are hiding in Gaza... this gives Israel the right to flatten Gaza to you regardless of whatever collateral damage is incurred?

Do we have the right to flatten Afghanistan of Pakistan for Al Qaeda?

You are entitled to your opinion but i could not disagree more.

First, Gaza is not being flattened.  If they wanted to they could bomb the hell out of Gaza with planes but they don't.

Second, the entire reason we went to Afghanistan was to punish and weaken the Taliban who sponsored al qaeda.

Third the Palestinians voted Hamas in as their governing authority.

This is not a nation at war with another nation.. this is not Israel vs Gaza.. this is Israel versus Hamas, a group of militant extremists that many of which are hiding in Gaza... this gives Israel the right to flatten Gaza to you regardless of whatever collateral damage is incurred?

Do we have the right to flatten Afghanistan of Pakistan for Al Qaeda?

You are entitled to your opinion but i could not disagree more.

Hamas is actually a group of military extremists that runs the country.  They are the government in charge.  Similar to how the Taliban ran Afghanistan.

First, Gaza is not being flattened.  If they wanted to they could bomb the hell out of Gaza with planes but they don't.

Second, the entire reason we went to Afghanistan was to punish and weaken the Taliban who sponsored al qaeda.

Third the Palestinians voted Hamas in as their governing authority.

i think the video im seeing coming out of there might suggest otherwise.. but meh, im sure that doesnt matter

and how has Afghanistan worked for us?  how popular is it that we are still there?  either internally or globally?

again.. is EVERYONE that is dying as a result of these actions hamas.. no.

botom line here there is virtually nothing Israel can do that some of you would object to.. thats fine, you are entitled to that.. as i have said.. its funny that i dont seem to be entitled to disagree though.

no matter... you may continue to think Israel is above humanitarian laws, i will not agree, the rest is what it is

i think the video im seeing coming out of there might suggest otherwise.. but meh, im sure that doesnt matter

and how has Afghanistan worked for us?  how popular is it that we are still there?  either internally or globally?

botom line here there is virtually nothing Israel can do that some of you would object to.. thats fine, you are entitled to that.. as i have said.. its funny that i dont seem to be entitled to disagree though.

no matter... you may continue to think Israel is above humanitarian laws, i will not agree, the rest is what it is

So what do you suggest they do to stop Hamas from firing rockets and building tunnels into Israel.

If you aren't entitled to disagree why haven't your posts been deleted?  What a silly comment.

I didn't say the second thing, but feel free to lie anyway.