• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

I know not all of you are Christians, but if you are, you need to read this interview. It's with a pastor and Fuller Seminary grad who currently leads a church in Jordan and has been part of relief efforts for people affected by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/august-web-only/hamas-israel-conflict-gaza-christians.html?start=1

I know not all of you are Christians, but if you are, you need to read this interview. It's with a pastor and Fuller Seminary grad who currently leads a church in Jordan and has been part of relief efforts for people affected by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/august-web-only/hamas-israel-conflict-gaza-christians.html?start=1

good read Taylor, its refreshing to read about how this guy is keeping hate out of his heart. 

If you're looking at me to defend Hamas, that's just not going to happen. But don't be blind to the fact that Israel has fired indiscriminately. They've hit several UN schools despite being told repeatedly not a fire in that area. They know full well that mortar fire can't have pinpoint accuracy but that doesn't stop them. Even the US who takes Israel's side on everything stressed that Israel should have done more to protect civilian life.

Israel always targets military.  There are collateral damages.

People saying Israel should leave Hamas alone would be like others telling the US to leave the Taliban alone if they attacked the US every day for the last three decades.

The point is that some of the civilian casualties should have been avoided. I completely agree with your last statement though... they have every right to defend themselves.

if hamas is hiding around civilians, which is not unusual for them to do, it's kind of difficult to avoid collateral damage. 

If you're looking at me to defend Hamas, that's just not going to happen. But don't be blind to the fact that Israel has fired indiscriminately. They've hit several UN schools despite being told repeatedly not a fire in that area. They know full well that mortar fire can't have pinpoint accuracy but that doesn't stop them. Even the US who takes Israel's side on everything stressed that Israel should have done more to protect civilian life.

But this is all because of Hamas. You can't blame Israel when every country would do the same.

There is absolutely nothing Hamas has to gain outside of Palestinian deaths and public sympathy. This is exactly what Hamas wants. The more Palestinians get killed, the more sympathy they get.

Tell me Hamas doesn't want innocent Palestinians killed at the hands of Israel.. That Hamas doesn't want their hospitals and schools bombed.

I don't think you believe those things, but by blaming Israel, you are defending Hamas.

Edited by Poozy

While apples and oranges, if the US were getting struck everyday by rockets from the Mexican drug cartels, I have zero doubt in my mind that most of northern Mexico would get flattened

Or how about you reverse the scenario.

What if our military was firing rockets into another country for the sole purpose of innocent US civilians getting killed to make the other country look bad. 

How long do you think the elected leaders would last?

Edited by Poozy

if hamas is hiding around civilians, which is not unusual for them to do, it's kind of difficult to avoid collateral damage.

I was only referring to the casualties in which israel hit UN schools, which were supposed to be safe zones. Even the White House condemned Israel for those strikes, which is something they almost never do.

And relax Pooz... by that logic, you could say that the US defends Hamas too since they had the same criticism. Overall I don't place any blame on Israel for retaliating.

So both sides dig in and claim victimhood while the Palestinian people get pummeled. The Israeli hawks love this just as much as Hamas because it allows them to play innocent while they slowly choke the life out of 1.8 million inconvenient truths. If you can't admit that then this conversation is going nowhere.

I think that Israel would love the Palestinian military to stop firing rockets at their people. Then this whole thing would end.

It will never happen though because the Palestinian military is hell bent on destroying Israel.

I think Israel should go into a full blown assault and completely wipe out all of Hamas and their supporters