• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

Back on topic, somewhat:  Who's in favor of approving a UN resolution to launch an inquiry into "all violations of humanitarian international law and international human rights law" in Gaza?

twitter_cropped.jpg

Shocker!

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=findings&utm_campaign=globalslaveryindex

Notice something most of the countries listed in the above article have in common with the pic above?

This is basically how this thread has gone.

This interview shows an 18 year old kid delivering fact after fact, while the two "opponents" simply murmur expletives that they have heard from the liberal media without supporting evidence at all

Sound familiar?

Edited by Poozy

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=findings&utm_campaign=globalslaveryindex

Notice something most of the countries listed in the above article have in common with the pic above?

Three of the most populated countries in the world account for having the most slaves in the world. Who'd a thunk it? Edited by Lawrence

I have seen a few posts that suggest that Israel leaves their homeland yet no suggestion as to where they should go.

That's an interesting recollection you've got on this thread, mt. There was one poster who listed that as one of the so-called solutions but then went on to say that wouldn't be fair and what they're doing now is the best solution. No one is seriously suggesting that they pack up and leave now.

As for where they should have gone, it was a horrible situation for them but they should have gone back to the drawing board. But they were so fixated on invading Palestine because a book told them that's where they were supposed to be... even if it meant displacing an entire civilization. Many of the Jews fought in ww2 and applied what they learned to commit terrorist attacks on hundreds of villages. They also committed quite a few acts of terror against the British just because they didn't side with the Jews after the war (although the Muslims were just as guilty on that front). Both sides have horrible histories and I think that's what most people don't realize.

Point is that most of the countries on that list shouldn't really be saying anything about how another country treats anyone.  Regardless, you are correct in the fact that neither side has clean hands, but I would also argue to name a country that doesn't.

My favorite part of all of this nonsense is how evangelical Christians are more pro-Israel than American Jews because they believe Jesus won't come back unless Jews are in the land of Israel.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at a liberal, Jewish dinner party when that fact gets discussed.

Yeah, it's an erroneous belief. Jesus isn't coming back to dwell here. When He returns, it's to take the righteous back to heaven initially.

My favorite part of all of this nonsense is how evangelical Christians are more pro-Israel than American Jews because they believe Jesus won't come back unless Jews are in the land of Israel.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at a liberal, Jewish dinner party when that fact gets discussed.

You just described every dinner I have with my Dad's family and they are all very pro Israel.  My Grandfather was a NCO with the US Army in WW2 and went to Israel after WW2 to help with the initial creation of the Israeli military.

This is complete nonsense.  My favorite part of most political forums is when non-believers start trying to state my beliefs and start talking out of their ass.

It would be pretty sweet if the Israelis moved to and took over Mexico.  Within 15 years, they'd be wanting to put up walls to keep Americans from becoming illegal immigrants in their country.

I'm sorry.  I said illegal immigrants.  I of course meant undocumented workers. 

I'm tellin' ya ... they'd make great neighbors! 

Most of their current neighbors don't seem to like them. No one likes the neighbor who builds a new fence but puts the whole thing on your land instead of in the middle.

Of course, Israel is successful, modern, democratic, wealthy and secular.  Everything those other countries are not. 

The US hasn't been invaded since the War of 1812.

Just got to this thread and found this.

WWII the Aleutian Campaign by the Japanese Navy in 1942 secured two Islands off the Alaskan coastline, then considered US soil, and held that ground for a year. 4,300 Japanese sailors and ground troops died in a series of offenses to remove them.

I went to HS with Irv Rubin's son Ari and knew him well.  I met Irv several times.  They were extreme to say the least.  Lots of issues in that family.

Ari died a few years after his dad committed suicide in jail.

I went to HS with Irv Rubin's son Ari and knew him well.  I met Irv several times.  They were extreme to say the least.  Lots of issues in that family.

Ari died a few years after his dad committed suicide in jail.

Irv Rubin was at said family member's wedding. My dad said it was weird being in the same room as him.

Gnar.

They reminded me of those crazy american second amendment militia nuts you see that live in the backwoods of Arkansas on some military like compound.  They were just extreme and didn't trust anyone.  They also had this complex that was hard to explain.  That whole everyone is against them and everything is a conspiracy.

I was really sad to see that Ari died after following in his father's footsteps.  When his dad got arrested and when he killed himself, the family denied it and called it all a conspiracy.  We were in HS when his dad was arrested and I ran into him at PCC a couple days after his dad killed himself.  It was really awkward.

Ari was a good kid, sometimes he would lose it a bit but he was a very nice and generous person.  He and I shared a limo with our dates to prom and I worked closely with him in our school TV class for three years.

Edited by nate