• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

helping those who help you, is by definition, not charity.

ok, so what are they doing to help the church that is helping them? The last church I went to would go to Africa a few times a year, they would plant trees, build houses and preach the word of God. So, exactly what is that specific church getting out of it? I highly doubt because of their work will they get a handful of Africans (that can't afford food or shelter) to relocate to populate their church. If spreading the word of God is what they get in return and that no longer makes it charity, then you truly are just arguing to argue.

ok, so what are they doing to help the church that is helping them? The last church I went to would go to Africa a few times a year, they would plant trees, build houses and preach the word of God. So, exactly what is that specific church getting out of it? I highly doubt because of their work will they get a handful of Africans (that can't afford food or shelter) to relocate to populate their church. If spreading the word of God is what they get in return and that no longer makes it charity, then you truly are just arguing to argue.

And i'm sure they got a lot of press for the effort and felt good about themselves.

Even in your example the whole "preaching" or "spreading the word of god" is a veiled attempt at the same old conversion methods. 

Do those things without the preaching, without trying to influence someone and let them make up thier own minds.. then ill agree. 

Bottom line, if the sandwich comes with a sermon, then it has an agenda.

You can spin it how you like, i'm entitled to my view.

And i'm sure they got a lot of press for the effort and felt good about themselves.

Even in your example the whole "preaching" or "spreading the word of god" is a veiled attempt at the same old conversion methods.

Do those things without the preaching, without trying to influence someone and let them make up thier own minds.. then ill agree.

You are absolutely entitled to your awful, awful view, that people are self serving regardless of what they do for others.

Rescuing kids from human trafficking.  de-mining migrant villages, giving free meals everyday, digging wells for drinking water in Africa and south east Asia, risking their lives to help communities in Afghanistan build dams, reforrest and educate their children.................

not charity.  There is no charity according to flop. 

Rescuing kids from human trafficking. de-mining migrant villages, giving free meals everyday, digging wells for drinking water in Africa and south east Asia, risking their lives to help communities in Afghanistan build dams, reforrest and educate their children.................

not charity. There is no charity according to flop.

Depends mt, did any of those people that helped with any of those acts pray with the people they were helping or feel good about themselves for helping? If the answer is yes then it isn't charity.

Depends mt, did any of those people that helped with any of those acts pray with the people they were helping or feel good about themselves for helping? If the answer is yes then it isn't charity.

Oh yeah, I totally felt great doing those things.  Everyone else did too.  Being kind is rewarding...................

or maybe since it is rewarding it isn't really kind.

Rescuing kids from human trafficking.  de-mining migrant villages, giving free meals everyday, digging wells for drinking water in Africa and south east Asia, risking their lives to help communities in Afghanistan build dams, reforrest and educate their children.................

not charity.  There is no charity according to flop. 

yes thats exactly what i said.. or maybe it isnt at all and you are assuming again.

what i said is that there is no charity if there is benefit or agenda attached...  how you got to this from there is beyond logic

yes thats exactly what i said.. or maybe it isnt at all and you are assuming again.

what i said is that there is no charity if there is benefit or agenda attached...  how you got to this from there is beyond logic

I guess that depends on your definition of the term agenda.  I have an agenda to help people.  If they want to know why I am doing so, I am happy to tell them.  If they don't, and most don't, I am still happy to help them.  That is what you fail go grasp. 

Churches do international trips like this all the time, and they rarely ever get any press.

Would you preferred they stayed home rather than provide for the needs of people in Third World countries?

Second question, have you ever been excited about something and wanted to share it with someone? Or did you say, "Nope, I won't influence them regarding what they should be excited about and let them make up their own minds."