• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

Floplag, when was the last time you did something nice for someone? Describe the event. What was the act? Why did you do it? What was the outcome?

I know you won't respond but I very much want you to think about it. I'm very curious what caused you to act in a kind manner. What was your motivation? You are saying that if something makes you feel good afterwards then the act isn't as commendable as it would be if you mindlessly acted like a sleepwalking zombie unaware of why you are acting. But who decides that? Does the person with the new home not like it as much because I sang Amazing Grace while I built it? And how do you get to decide what actions are worthy of respect or not if you are neither involved in the giving or the receiving of the act? Who are you? The act has nothing to do with you.

I am really not sure how much clearer i can make this... Doing something nice for someone else is great, but doing something nice for someone that gains you or your organization press, profit, or any other personal benefit is not the same thing.     Feeling good about yourself is not the same thing and is of course ok, but also not what im talking about. 

As for myself, what was the last thing i did that was nice... i would be a hypocrite to make an issue out of it here so ill not fall into that trap other than saying the person i did it for was not even aware it was i who did it.

if you truly believe this, there is nothing i could say begin to say to change your mind.

I'm still waiting for you to share all those examples of churches doing good things just for publicity, since (to quote you earlier in the thread), that's what most of them do.

Floplag,

I'm 50/50 as to whether or not you'll respond, but what would your take be on an organization that builds 5 homes for 5 poor families and contacts the local press ahead of time? The press shows up and does the whole deal - interviews, 2 minute slot on the 10 O'clock news, etc. The organization's motive for the coverage isn't to say "hey, look at me and my awesome charitable ass!" But instead, they are seeking to market their organization with the hope that enough people would be moved to contribute to the fund so that they could have the resources to build 5 more houses for 5 more poor families.

A-holes?

What makes doing something for publicity less desirable? Is the house not built as sturdy that way? Does the food contain more trans fat? Why does the motive matter if the motive isn't inherently bad? Or are you implying publicity is a bad thing? If so, why?

functionally and to those who receive it there is very little difference, but the motivation to those doing it highly different.  i would think, that is obvious

why do people want publicity for such things... answer that, and you can answer your own question.

Floplag,

I'm 50/50 as to whether or not you'll respond, but what would your take be on an organization that builds 5 homes for 5 poor families and contacts the local press ahead of time? The press shows up and does the whole deal - interviews, 2 minute slot on the 10 O'clock news, etc. The organization's motive for the coverage isn't to say "hey, look at me and my awesome charitable ass!" But instead, they are seeking to market their organization with the hope that enough people would be moved to contribute to the fund so that they could have the resources to build 5 more houses for 5 more poor families.

A-holes?

and i suppose you think the honorable ones are more prevalent than the look at me ones, right?

and i suppose you think the honorable ones are more prevalent than the look at me ones, right?

I don't know, but I don't presume to judge them. To do cool stuff for people, you need hands and feet and money. There are hard and costly ways to generate that support and there are easier, cheaper ways. 

Back on topic, somewhat:  Who's in favor of approving a UN resolution to launch an inquiry into "all violations of humanitarian international law and international human rights law" in Gaza?

twitter_cropped.jpg

Shocker!

Wait wut.. can you break this down for me.

Back on topic, somewhat:  Who's in favor of approving a UN resolution to launch an inquiry into "all violations of humanitarian international law and international human rights law" in Gaza?

twitter_cropped.jpg

Shocker!

Here's an idea. How about excluding the votes of every shithole oppressive middle ages piece of shit disgusting country from having a vote.

So basically 90% of the countries that voted yes.

Edited by Poozy

Yeah, we shouldn't count the countries we don't like. Because 'Murica!

Inhumane 3rd world countries have no right to tell other countries how they should conduct themselves.

I'm sure the couple hundred civilian Palestinian's killed in this conflict are so much more important than the hundreds of millions of people suffering within these countries.

The UN has absolutely no credibility.

Edited by Poozy

Here's an idea. How about excluding the votes of every shithole oppressive middle ages piece of shit disgusting country from having a vote.

So basically 90% of the countries that voted yes.

Are you going to put Kuwait in that category? Don't forget we went to war for those guys (allegedly.)

You're right. Palestinians don't count.

you guys sure do love to miss the point..

Everytime i say there are other more important issues out there, i get the same illogical response.

Edited by Poozy