• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

I guess that depends on your definition of the term agenda.  I have an agenda to help people.  If they want to know why I am doing so, I am happy to tell them.  If they don't, and most don't, I am still happy to help them.  That is what you fail go grasp. 

it is truly laughable that you assume i fail to grasp this.. it really is, denial is such a powerful thing sometimes.

I have said, very clearly i might add, that if there is no agenda attached, and no sermon with the sandwich, then fine.. it is exactly what it says it is, and im fine with and respect the effort.

If these things come attached with a press release, photo ops, conversion, or other such things, then they are not that... its really that simple... if this is not how you do things, thats great, i applaud that, but this is not how all churches behave.

i would suggest maybe you need to stop being offended by my view and try to understand the words.

Floplag had some of the most unique viewpoints I've ever seen. I literally don't even understand most of them. He is what HaloThunder would be if he understood English.

i should probably be insulted by this... but i like being a unique flower :)    and even more like not being sheeple

Churches do international trips like this all the time, and they rarely ever get any press.

Would you preferred they stayed home rather than provide for the needs of people in Third World countries?

Second question, have you ever been excited about something and wanted to share it with someone? Or did you say, "Nope, I won't influence them regarding what they should be excited about and let them make up their own minds."

Did i say that?  no.

what i said is that i would prefer and respect it much more if it didnt seem to always come with a press release and media coverage.

By all means... do these humanitarian acts... just dont do them with the intent of gaining attention for doing it .  

seriously what part of that is hard to understand?  i never said all.. i never said every... but to deny that many if not most do this is laughable.

To those who do so without hte need of the nonsnese i applaud everything you do for others.. to those who want recognition for it, not so much.  simple, isnt it ?

I bought one of my employees a sandwich yesterday. She asked me why. I remembered this thread so I told her I was unable to discuss my motivations with her. I also told her not to tell anyone about it. 

Am I in the clear? Was it a legitimately good deed? 

Did you add cheese and have the bread toasted?

Did you add cheese and have the bread toasted?

I didn't want to go overboard as I feared her impression of my deed would be that of self-gratification, which would have soured the entire event. Imagine the nerve of someone say...helping you with your yard work and leaving with a smile on his face. At first you'd be like "wow what a nice guy" only to realize the selfish bastard only wanted to feel good about himself. 

I bought one of my employees a sandwich yesterday. She asked me why. I remembered this thread so I told her I was unable to discuss my motivations with her. I also told her not to tell anyone about it. 

Good heavens, please tell me it was kosher! 

i love the exaggerations.. jesus H people really?

well lets see.. did you have any expectation.. did you do it with the intent of getting in her pants or gaining other favor .. i mean for christs sake this has nothing whatever to do with anything i mentioned and you guys are making a federal case out of it.

bottom line, good deeds done with personal benefit in mind are not good deeds, now can we dispense with the bull?

Did i say that?  no.

what i said is that i would prefer and respect it much more if it didnt seem to always come with a press release and media coverage.

By all means... do these humanitarian acts... just dont do them with the intent of gaining attention for doing it .  

seriously what part of that is hard to understand?  i never said all.. i never said every... but to deny that many if not most do this is laughable.

To those who do so without hte need of the nonsnese i applaud everything you do for others.. to those who want recognition for it, not so much.  simple, isnt it ?

I can't think of a single instance of a church doing humanitarian work for press and media coverage. Can you?

Yes, religion does a lot of good.

It is also used as an excuse for mass murder, hatred, abuse, oppression and inequality.

Just like every other human institution that has ever existed. People use cars to kidnap and to drunk drive. Does that make cars an inherently bad thing?

Because people are simple, stupid and drawn to a collectivist existence, which requires a foe, agendas and goals. 

People are also gullible and fear the unknown so they embrace the thought of a deity that protects them.

Just like every other human institution that has ever existed. People use cars to kidnap and to drunk drive. Does that make cars an inherently bad thing?

i dont recall anyone ever killing in the name of a Ford, i wouldnt call that a similar institution or accurate comparison, just sayin...

Floplag, when was the last time you did something nice for someone? Describe the event. What was the act? Why did you do it? What was the outcome?

I know you won't respond but I very much want you to think about it. I'm very curious what caused you to act in a kind manner. What was your motivation? You are saying that if something makes you feel good afterwards then the act isn't as commendable as it would be if you mindlessly acted like a sleepwalking zombie unaware of why you are acting. But who decides that? Does the person with the new home not like it as much because I sang Amazing Grace while I built it? And how do you get to decide what actions are worthy of respect or not if you are neither involved in the giving or the receiving of the act? Who are you? The act has nothing to do with you.