• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

You are right, i am caught up with collateral damage, and why arent you? 

Why is this acceptable for Israel when it isn't for virtually any other entity anywhere?

To use your words "opportunity to confront them", does this sounds like a defensive term to you?

One last point and I'll quit. You seem to have a very narrow interpretation of the concept of defensive actions. They could sit back and just shoot down all the rockets and wait for a head to poke out the tunnels but that gives no incentive for them to ever stop. It could be argued that Israel goes too far in their defense from time to time but I don't know how that arguent holds up when the attacks never seem to end. If it was me I would find out who arms them and assassinate them all. 

Are you kidding?  Do you know how many civilians have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan?  Crap, our drones pretty much take out civilians every time they are deployed. 

Yes they do, i never said otherwise, what i asked is why Israel gets a pass on this in the name of defense and to use your example, we dont ?

That's why I said it's happened in every conflict ever. If Hamas won't separate itself from the civilians then how do you determine who is or isn't? And how do we determine whether these "civilians" are even innocent? The Palestinian people are the ones who can stop their own slaughter by not being enablers through their own silence and inaction.

i dont know their innocence or guilt anymore than you do, but holding ALL Palestinians accountable for the actions of a few makes as much sense as us holding all Muslims accountable for 9/11

Unless you have proof that EVERYONE is Gaza is Hamas, which we both know you don't, again i ask why this is acceptable when we criticize our own drone strikes for the same and other nations for it etc...   again, why does Israel get a pass on this?

One last point and I'll quit. You seem to have a very narrow interpretation of the concept of defensive actions. They could sit back and just shoot down all the rockets and wait for a head to poke out the tunnels but that gives no incentive for them to ever stop. It could be argued that Israel goes too far in their defense from time to time but I don't know how that arguent holds up when the attacks never seem to end. If it was me I would find out who arms them and assassinate them all. 

Funny, yes, it must be MY view.  Why is that always the case where its the other person who must be wrong? 

"Too far in their defense from time to time".. really?  If i'm to narrow that might be the broadest statement ive ever read and is kinda like saying Puig only showboats from time to time.

Yes they do, i never said otherwise, what i asked is why Israel gets a pass on this in the name of defense and to use your example, we dont ?

Really, what has been our consequences?  We get away with it, pretty much every country gets away with it.  At least Israel is right next door.  We go across the world to dish out our "justice".

Really, what has been our consequences?  We get away with it, pretty much every country gets away with it.  At least Israel is right next door.  We go across the world to dish out our "justice".

once again...

never

said

otherwise

... the question was why does Israel get a pass on it and we or anyone lese do not?

File under "cant have it both ways".. if we are dicks for doing it then it stands to reason that pretty much so are they.

Those who do not criticize them at all and feel everything they do is totally justified must also feel the same about our drones etc... too, right?  logically? 

once again...

never

said

otherwise

... the question was why does Israel get a pass on it and we or anyone lese do not?

File under "cant have it both ways".. if we are dicks for doing it then it stands to reason that pretty much so are they.

Those who do not criticize them at all and feel everything they do is totally justified must also feel the same about our drones etc... too, right?  logically?

No clue why I'm jumping back into this useless conversation, but the situations are completely different.

Flops thinks the defense in the NFL should never cross the line of scrimmage.

If a blitz was killing someone in the stands that had nothing to do with the game, yeah, i might.  Considering it doesn't this might be the worst comparison in the history of anything.

No clue why I'm jumping back into this useless conversation, but the situations are completely different.

Really... and how exactly are they different i wonder?

In all cases people that have nothing to do with it are dying.. if thats ok with you as long as its being done by those with the right flag or god i guess thats on you?

Really... and how exactly are they different i wonder?

In all cases people that have nothing to do with it are dying.. if thats ok with you as long as its being done by those with the right flag or god i guess thats on you?

You don't see a difference between America forcefully...erm..umm......spreading freedom to countries on another continent compared to Israel defending themselves from their neighbors?

Edited by Poozy

You don't see a difference between America forcefully...erm..umm......spreading freedom to countries on another continent compared to Israel defending themselves from their neighbors?

i see that you see the propaganda differently, i mean the reason we went into iraq was to defend and prevent the use of WMDs right?  isnt that what we were told ?

so yeah, pretty much, same logic.

just because you choose to believe one or the other doesn't make them any more or less factual.

i see that you see the propaganda differently, i mean the reason we went into iraq was to defend and prevent the use of WMDs right?  isnt that what we were told ?

so yeah, pretty much, same logic.

just because you choose to believe one or the other doesn't make them any more or less factual.

I'm not even criticizing the US.. I'm just saying the situations are completely different. 

But lets not be ignorant here.

The US doesn't receive anything close to the public outrage that Israel does.

150-200k civilians have died in the never ending conflicts going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, and pakistan. I'm not seeing any protests, UN investigations and genocide accusations.

This has more to do with the obsession with Israel than anything. The Anti semites/conspiracy theorists, Liberals and muslims love to obsess over this tiny conflict while completely ignoring the countless atrocities currently going on right now.

Edited by Poozy

Flop, I think Israel gets a pass because

1. Their actions are defensive

2. They're under constant attack by Hamas

3. Most of the world doesn't want to see another holocaust/genocide

This all ends tomorrow if Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel, and if Hamas stops hiding in hospitals, schools, and neighborhoods.

Flop, I think Israel gets a pass because

1. Their actions are defensive

2. They're under constant attack by Hamas

3. Most of the world doesn't want to see another holocaust/genocide

This all ends tomorrow if Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel, and if Hamas stops hiding in hospitals, schools, and neighborhoods.

How many times have we gone full circle in this thread repeating the same shit over and over