• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Food for thought. This Twitter user who has been about 50/50 on a lot of speculation before the offseason and during is reporting that the Blackhawks are aggressively shopping Patrick Sharp and Marion Hossa to bring down payroll after the Toews and Kane extensions. Just for shits and giggles. Imagine this team with Patrick Sharp? We have the cap space and more than enough talent on the farm and up with the team right now to get it done. I'd send them literally any young player or prospect not named Lindholm and Fowler. Send them picks, send them Etem, DSP, Vatanan, Rakell. Yeah, I'm dreaming but why the hell not?

We may not be in their division, but we are in their conference (and very likely to meet them in a conference final). I don't think they would do anything they thought would make us significantly better in the next 2-3 years.

Obviously a pipe dream. Still fun to think about though.

I think Etem is going to surprise people this year kind of the way Smith Pelly did last season.  Both had success in their 1st stint on the Ducks.  From what I understand the next year DSP came in to camp overweight which caused him to be a terrible skater, hence he was stuck in the minors all season.  This motivated him to work extremely hard in the off season and his hard work showed on the ice and he slowly got more and more ice time.  I think Etem spending a good chunk of the season in the minors will motivate him to do the same thing as DSP and work his ass off this summer so he can play in front of his hometown team next season.

Love the Heatley signing, he has something to prove and there is essentially no risk.  

It's really nice that Kane/Toews are taking a huge chunk of the Blackhawks salary cap.  They will lose some key pieces which will hopefully slow them down.  I hope we don't trade for Sharp.  I love how deep our farm system is right now and we should only give up the farm for a #1 dman (Subban is my pipe dream).  

I'm happy the Angels are playing good baseball this year, hopefully I'm not even focusing on the NHL until November.

I would think the bulk of BM's personnel efforts the next two months will go towards a trade for the best defense player he can afford. It seems every time I've seen the guy answer questions, he brings up the amount of time he spends thinking about the 2007 team and how it all came together and worked. He must have a major defense upgrade on his mind regularly.

• 2 weeks later...