• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Keeping the #10 pick is also huge.  IMO cannot part with it.

Sending Sbisa and Bones frees up about $9mm.  Kesler has an AAV of $5mm on his deal.  We got Kesler, got rid of Sbisa and saved cap space.  Insane.

Kesler on a line with Silfverberg and Maroon possibly? Oh man. Goals will be scored.

I would assume you guys would get Kesler in hopes more that goals won't be scored when facing teams like the Hawks or (playoff) Kings (yeah, that was weird to type).

Two words define why they made this move: two way. Kesler is a two way center who plays tough minutes. It's an absolutely fantastic move. Also, Nate, it helps the special teams all together. Kesler is a beast on the PK.

No love for the draft?  Love the Ritchie pick.  Need to stock back up on wingers with all of the guys that have come through the system lately.

I was wrong on Bones/Sbisa, the Ducks took a 875k cap hit for the Kesler trade, still great.  According to capgeek.com they are 18 million under the cap.

I really like the Ritchie pick. Big, skilled forward with a mean streak. He's big enough to where he could possibly play next year. The work ethic questions are a bit concerning, though. Their second round pick is a project, boom or bust prospect.

Man, gone for a few days, and things happen.  Sorry to see Bones go.  But they took Sbisa.  /giggle.   

So, if I got my facts in order.  We traded Bobby Ryan to Ottawa for Silfverberg, Noesen, and their first round pick #10.  We then used our #24 pick, and traded that with Sbisa /giggle, and Bones.  While Bones will be a tough loss, 2 years of Kessler vs 3 years of Bones is a fair trade off.  Sbisa is no loss.  And when you think of it, GM of the year traded Ryan, Sbisa /giggle, Bones and got Silfverberg and Kessler, and upgraded from 24 to 10.