• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

WTF?  Allen was our best D man last season.  Stoner is a big match up D man.  Not a scoring D man.  This is a good move.  Ducks still have a lot of cap space to work with too.

I disagree.  Allen might have been our best Dman in the playoffs but he was out matched most of the season.  Stoner was Minn bottom pairing defensemen...  I don't see the upside.  I just went to the Wilds message board and they are laughing at us.

I'm a pretty big fan of Bob Murray. I am very pleased with his trades and what he does with the draft. That being said, the Ducks always seems underwhelming for the free agent period. Today is just another example. I don't like the contract Stoner got today, plus he is a redundant and limited player (big and strong but no real offensive game, kinda just like Allen and Fistric).

Heck, when was the last time the Ducks got a good player during the free agent process? Koivu in 2009?

I'm a pretty big fan of Bob Murray. I am very pleased with his trades and what he does with the draft. That being said, the Ducks always seems underwhelming for the free agent period. Today is just another example. I don't like the contract Stoner got today, plus he is a redundant and limited player (big and strong but no real offensive game, kinda just like Allen and Fistric).

Heck, when was the last time the Ducks got a good player during the free agent process? Koivu in 2009?

I feel the same way.  I would have preferred Murray did nothing today instead of the deals he did make.

Murray trades for Kesler - he's the best GM in the business (proven by winning award for top GM just a week or so ago)

Murray signs a stay at home defenseman - he sucks.

Relax. Today isn't the only day to improve the team. My guess is a few more moves are coming.

Xboom28x hit the nail right on the head. 

Wait it out guys. The Ducks are loading up on depth. A trade or trades are coming soon. I'm not a huge fan of the Stoner deal but with Allen, Beauch, and Souray coming off the books next year it'll be nice to have some depth. I still think we're going to trade for a Top 2 D and one more above average winger.

Murray trades for Kesler - he's the best GM in the business (proven by winning award for top GM just a week or so ago)

Murray signs a stay at home defenseman - he sucks.

Relax. Today isn't the only day to improve the team. My guess is a few more moves are coming.

That's not at all what he said. He said he was a fan of Murray but he hasn't like his FA signings and particularly this move. I agree with him. I think Murray has done an awesome job as GM. I really don't like this move though. They are paying Stoner a good chunk of change for a guy with a low ceiling and they are doing it for a lot of years. There were better options out there for that price.

I live here in Minnesota and asked Wild fans about Stoner. They liked him. Stay at home defenseman who clears out the crease when asked. And he is more mobile than Allen. If you ask me, this team lacked that in the playoffs. We have many skaters on D but not enough physicality. Stoner answers that. Was it more money than expected? Yes. But sometimes you have to pay someone more than you want in order to continue through your shopping list. This team is still young, deep and loaded.

I live here in Minnesota and asked Wild fans about Stoner. They liked him. Stay at home defenseman who clears out the crease when asked. And he is more mobile than Allen. If you ask me, this team lacked that in the playoffs. We have many skaters on D but not enough physicality. Stoner answers that. Was it more money than expected? Yes. But sometimes you have to pay someone more than you want in order to continue through your shopping list. This team is still young, deep and loaded.

If true, I like that a lot.  Tired of watching other teams camping.  

I cannot wait for every ducks/kings/Blackhawks matchup this year. We are sure to see some amazing hockey in so cal this year!

Adding the Blues to this since they signed Stastny.  Ducks/Kings/Blackhawks/Blues are by far the 4 best teams in the NHL (sorry eastern conference).  

Xboom28x hit the nail right on the head. 

Wait it out guys. The Ducks are loading up on depth. A trade or trades are coming soon. I'm not a huge fan of the Stoner deal but with Allen, Beauch, and Souray coming off the books next year it'll be nice to have some depth. I still think we're going to trade for a Top 2 D and one more above average winger.

I agree with most of this. But, I don't think BM is going to be willing to part with what it would take to get both by way of trade.

We also need another center now. Unless, Bruce is planning to go with Rakell as 3rd with no backup. I don't see that happening.

Jonas Hiller --

"No one in California cares about hockey unless you are playing the Kings."
"I want to play in front of a crowd that knows about hockey."

Can't wait to see the reaction when Calgary stops by...

I think Stoner is exactly the Dman the Ducks needed to sign this offseason.  There are no top tier Dman on the free agent market and no team is going to be willing to trade a Chara/Weber/Subban type.  I really don't think the Ducks need to make too many other changes.  Keep in mind they were 7 seconds away from being up 1-0 to start the Kings series which would've changed the complexion of that whole series (not saying they would've ended up winning the series but it would've been different).

I agree with most of this. But, I don't think BM is going to be willing to part with what it would take to get both by way of trade.

We also need another center now. Unless, Bruce is planning to go with Rakell as 3rd with no backup. I don't see that happening.

I think Thompson becomes the checking line C with Cogs and DSP/Maroon.  Rakell will be the 4th line C.

With BM's new frame of mind, I don't see Cogliano playing center(takes Winneks place as the 6th center? Probably). The way Bruce rolls his lines, I see Thompson's (at least by his previous numbers - the guy doesn't score and his assist totals are even worse) line getting the least minutes. That leaves Rakell in a prominent roll and no experienced backup for injuries. I don't see how BM isn't looking for another center.

I forgot to post here yesterday about it but on Friday I went to the Ducks rookie camp scrimmage. Got to take a look at Richtie, Montour, and the rest of our draft picks from this draft. Theodore, Bobkov, Noeson, and Kerdiles were there too. It was awesome seeing a full speed scrimmage with our top prospects. Ritchie is a BIG dude. He looked a little timid out there but came into his own later in the game. Nic Kerdiles was the standout though. He looked to be on a completely different level than everyone else. He had a Hat Trick. All goals scored on Bobkov. A lot of us there at the scrimmage agreed that Kerdiles will make the team out of camp. Especially with our weakness at LW. Got to meet him after the game and get his autograph. Really down to Earth guy and interacts with the fans.