• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

... but she's not good enough. Hayley Wickenheiser couldn't even make it in a 3rd-tier Finnish men's league, and she's probably the greatest woman hockey player of all time. The Canadian women's Olympic team is also somewhat infamous for losing to a group of 15-year old boys who played Bantam hockey.

Go watch more women's hockey. It's just not the same as men's hockey, they don't even have checking.

Edited by TeemuTrout

I would disagree.  If she is better than the 4th line center/wing, then I would absolutely give her a look.  5'10" I'm not worried about, because we had a guy that was about that size that was pretty good for us, in a historical fashion.   

I'm not saying give her a spot right away.  Just saying, let give her an invite into camp, and see if she is the real thing.

It's not about height. She's not strong enough, or good enough to compete with NHL players. She'd get injured

At this point, its all about matchups. If we can somehow avoid LA I think we can at least make a run at the Western Conference Final against Chicago. That would mean LA gets knocked out in the first round against SJS or a potential Wild Card team depending on the standings. I think we're right around where we were at last season. The kids need to step up and that seems to be what Murray is looking at happening. If they don't, we're in trouble.

San Jose feels like they are going to be a mess. Assuming they drop off significantly a rematch in the 2nd round seems like a strong bet since there is no one else in the division that looks ready to compete. Thank God we're not in the central!   

The D is worse this year?  Yikes, I still remember giving up goal after goal in game 7 last year.  I thought the 2nd line was the biggest weakness, and Kessler would help that.  But im not a hockey expert.  

We lost talent?  Dont we still have some of the young guys like Pelly, Beauchemain, Maroon, etc.  The stars like Perry, Getzlaf.  By the way is Gibson going to be starting this year?  I still dont know about Andersen.

I actually like our C core more than last year. Thompson looks solid out there and we have Karlsson as well. That 2nd line with Silfverberg-Kesler-Maroon has been the most impressive line so far. We have a lot more size and speed in the lineup. We're going to score a lot of goals, but its all going to come down to the defense and goal tending. Seeing if Freddie and Gibby can hold their own.

Edited by Cory

Dont we still have some of the young guys like Pelly, Beauchemain, Maroon, etc.  The stars like Perry, Getzlaf.  By the way is Gibson going to be starting this year?  I still dont know about Andersen.

Ugh, Beauchemin is the oldest guy on the team! (Not counting the injured Souray)

Our defense is as good as last years ( may turn out to be better - not hard to do ). Vatanen is looking good. Lindholm just keeps getting better. Beauchemin, Lovejoy and Allen are the same (Beauchemin could be better because of health) as last year. Fowler's hurt.

Not much different. Will see what Stoner adds. Not exactly an impact guy. So, looks like same o' same o'.

The offense is going to be different. I don't know how anybody can say whether it is better or worse than last year until we see how they play as a team. If you've been to the games, you got to love what Kesler brings and how it adds to the team as a whole.

Andersen looks healthy and is easily good enough to get us to the playoffs.

I think the Stanley Cup playoffs could easily come down to Anaheim, L A, Chicago, or Dallas. Health in the end could be the determining factor. With Saint Louis and Colorado I think it's likely the West doesn't get a wild card again this year. So most likely Anaheim, L A, and San Jose again, with Edmonton a possibility if they can put that talent together(...naw).

With Saint Louis and Colorado I think it's likely the West doesn't get a wild card again this year. So most likely Anaheim, L A, and San Jose again, with Edmonton a possibility if they can put that talent together(...naw).

It's possible if the Central teams beat the piss out of each enough for a team like Vancouver to sneak in.

Changing the subject, who gets the'A'.

I think the guys in the running have to be Kesler, Perry,and Cogliano. I think Kesler is a lock and Cogliano should be too. But if Perry would be feel slighted by not getting it, that might seal the deal. The problem with Perry is his credability with the refs. He just pisses too many people off.