• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Odd, I thought they signed an agreement a short while ago.  I hope it's enough so that the Ducks can start making a profit.  While I love the owners of the Ducks, it's not right that they are shelling out a few million for the Ducks to keep them even.

I like the owners of the Ducks but I'm not worried about their finances. Franchise values have shot up the last decade. Losing a few million every year isn't hurting their bottom line. I'd love for them to turn a profit but that's really just gravy.

Care to elaborate?  

No.

Seriously though, they just added some banners and stuff to the upper view area. Put up some new food areas. Added some more marble setups to the walls and stuff. Looks pretty cool. Have a nice setup at the main entrance for Ducks Live.

I like the owners of the Ducks but I'm not worried about their finances. Franchise values have shot up the last decade. Losing a few million every year isn't hurting their bottom line. I'd love for them to turn a profit but that's really just gravy.

Are sports teams still valuable as a tax shelter if there is a small amount of loss? 

What is the best way to get tickets? Stubhub or through the Ducks' site? What is the best section to sit if I don't want to spend a fortune?

www.dreamtix.com is by far the cheapest site I've seen for Ducks (and Kings, Lakers, Clippers for that matter).  the site itself is really crappy but I dont care cuz its cheaper than everywhere else.  some really big $$ savings on the more expensive seats than stubhub and a couple bucks cheaper on the cheap seats than stubhub.  They have a pair of tix for tomorrows Ducks game for $7 per ticket, 4 pack for $8 per ticket etc.  They even have the 412 that the earlier poster had mentioned for $17 per ticket.  My buddy picked up 204 row B there for tomorrow for $54 ea.  

edit: forgot to mention I've gotten unreal deals on premier level seats from this site ex:

1.lakers opener PR1 row 7 is 180 per on dreamtix and same seats on stubhub are 202.05 and still cheaper than the cheapest PR18 row 12 for 194.28 on stubhub

2. clippers opener PR1 row 10 is 88 per on dreamtix and same seats on stubhub are 99.93 on stubhub

3. kings sunday vs. columbus pr 17 row 6 is 55 per on dreamtix and same seats are 63.85 on stubhub (oh premiers are $129.50 if you buy from the kings website)

Apparently I have too much time on my hands today. 

Edited by halobob

8 goals in 7 games. Not bad, Perry. Not bad at all. Andersen was the star tonight though. Man is he good. Gotta lock him up long term. Almost makes Gibson expendable for the right price. Goalies go through dry spells though so you never know. Sloppy game overall imo but we did what we had to do to win.

I thought we played sloppy as well Cory. A better team would have beat us handily last night. I get that some nights are going to be like that.

Sounds like Heatley and Allen are close to returning. Will be interesting to see which Heatley we get. Wild fans out here were done with him. Hope playing with the twins steps up his play.

Game Notes:

Per Elias Sports Bureau: With tonight's win, Frederik Anderson became the first goalie in NHL history to win 26 of his first 31 decisions.

Elias Sports Bureau also reported that Corey Perry is the first player since 2003 and sixth since 1985 to have two hat tricks in his team’s first seven games.

The others are Ilya Kovalchuk (2003), Brian Savage (1999), Mario Lemieux (1988), Glenn Anderson (1987), Charlie Simmer (1985).

I thought we played sloppy as well Cory. A better team would have beat us handily last night. I get that some nights are going to be like that..

I think it's hard to not play sloppy against Buffalo. They are just so terrible that they are unpredictable and hard to play your routine against.

Hopefully.  Hockey is one of the most exciting sports there is.

Honestly, Soccer is the same way if you watch the EPL, really exciting and fast paced.

I respectfully disagree, hockey is far more exciting than any soccer game I've ever seen and I've watched a decent amount of soccer.  But then again I'm biased because hockey is by far my favorite sport to watch.