• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

25-Man Roster Announced

Chuck

ANGELS ANNOUNCE 2013 OPENING DAY ROSTER

ANAHEIM, CA – Angels’ General Manager Jerry Dipoto today announced the club’s Opening Day roster for the 2013 campaign. The following transactions have been made to set the roster at 25 active players.

Three (3) players have had their contracts selected: OF J.B. Shuck, RHP Mark Lowe and INF Brendan Harris. Two (2) players have been placed on the 15-Day Disabled List, retroactive to March 22nd: RHP Ryan Madson (right elbow, ‘Tommy John’ rehab) and Andrew Taylor (left shoulder labrum injury). Additionally, four (4) players have been reassigned to triple-A Salt Lake: INF Luis Jimenez, RHP David Carpenter, C John Hester and OF Kole Calhoun.

The club’s current 40-man roster sits at 40 players with today’s transactions.

Following is a breakdown by position of the Angels’ 2013 Opening Day 25-man roster:

PITCHERS (12+2) CATCHERS (2) INFIELDERS (7) OUTFIELDERS (4)

Blanton, Joe

Conger, Hank

Aybar, Erick

Bourjos, Peter

Burnett, Sean

Iannetta, Chris

Callaspo, Alberto

Hamilton, Josh

Downs, Scott

Kendrick, Howie

Shuck, J.B.

Frieri, Ernesto

Harris, Brendan

Trout, Mike

Hanson, Tommy

Pujols, Albert

Jepsen, Kevin

Romine, Andrew

Lowe, Mark

Trumbo, Mark

Madson, Ryan

Richards, Garrett

Taylor, Andrew

Vargas, Jason

Weaver, Jered

Williams, Jerome

Wilson, C.J.

BOLD = Disabled List

Like most, if not all of us here, I'm happy to see Conger on the roster to start the year. Haven't seen much of Shuck over the spring, but from what I have seen, I like and he's still pretty young(24 or 25 I believe) Hope he contributes enough to stay on the roster.

I am very happy for Hank.  It's his time

It's too bad that Calhoun didn't seize the opportunity.  Shuck deserved it.  There were some holes in Calhoun's game that were exposed this spring that we didn't see last year.  I hope he can overcome them in a short period for when Trumbo gets sent down. :)

This is probably the best roster we could put out. Give Jimenez a full year to see if this improved discipline is for real and Calhoun will most likely be up at some point anyways so giving him full time AB's for now is good. Shuck has hit really well this spring too. Glad to see Conger making the roster too!