• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

25-Man Roster Announced

Chuck

Mark Lowe? Some depth in the pen. Throws hard. Situational guy, I guess -- although that didn't used to be Scioscia's style -- sort of a tough gig for a guy like Stetter who pitched well most of ST (unlike Jerome Williams) and doesn't make the cut and then sees a guy acquired at the end of ST get a roster spot -- that's MLB.

Jerome Williams, IMO, clearly pitched himself off the roster this ST -- the key to his securing a roster spot may have more to do with the Halos' insecurity about Hanson and Vargas in the rotation (and we all thought Blanton would be the issue -- as it turns out, Blanton may well be the innings eater with a lot of fly balls and less than impressive outings but 175-200 IP nonetheless).

QUESTION: When is Madsen's ETA (return date off DL) and who gets sent out when that happens? -- Lowe had best peform well early and does Jerome Williams have any options left? May have to accept a AAA assignment......I don't think we keep 12 pitchers all season long.......

Well as we all know I don't get on here much but your Obsession with Jerome not making the team was so Annoying. He had TWO bad games TWO. One against the Dodgers one against the Rangers. Two of his games weren't included in his spring stats because they weren't "MLB" games.

He is signed to a guaranteed Major League Contract and no he doesn't have any options.

Jerome was specifically signed this offseason to be the long man/swing man. Why you can't seem to comprehend this is beyond me but after a while it gets pretty darn irritating to see u say he won't make the team and shouldn't have made the team when plenty of regular pitchers did not have strong springs either.

I'm sorry you can't seem to say one nice thing about him ever but he's going into his third season now with the Angels, it's no longer about a comeback story, now it's just about continuing his career.

Ok rant over. ;-) carry on.

Well as we all know I don't get on here much but your Obsession with Jerome not making the team was so Annoying. He had TWO bad games TWO. One against the Dodgers one against the Rangers. Two of his games weren't included in his spring stats because they weren't "MLB" games.

He is signed to a guaranteed Major League Contract and no he doesn't have any options.

Jerome was specifically signed this offseason to be the long man/swing man. Why you can't seem to comprehend this is beyond me but after a while it gets pretty darn irritating to see u say he won't make the team and shouldn't have made the team when plenty of regular pitchers did not have strong springs either.

I'm sorry you can't seem to say one nice thing about him ever but he's going into his third season now with the Angels, it's no longer about a comeback story, now it's just about continuing his career.

Ok rant over. ;-) carry on.

I like Jerome. I believe he is a good guy and an intriguing story. I think he is in his best role, as a swing man/long reliever. If he's having to start a lot of games, there is trouble in River City.

There aren't many pitchers who had a good spring...at least not until the Freeway Series. For most of the spring, it was a "pick your poison" situation.

Geez.  Didn't realize that expressing my thoughts about the roster spots would get so exciting (and heated).

My position on Jerome Williams dates back to last year, I don't think he pitched very well for the Halos as a spot starter and did not seem to be able to achieve the prior success he had when he came out of nowhere as a reclamation project (had pitched previously in the bigs with SF Giants, but in MLB terms that's almost another career ago) for the Halos and back filled a rotation sport racked by injuries............since then -- and really, since he had to come out of that one game with a health issue prompted by the the high temperature (can't remember where the game was? New York?), he really has not been the same pitcher.

No one can claim his 2013 ST was anything close to good -- I suggest he had more than just two bad outings..........seemed to do ok in the Freeway series game he pitched in.

All I am saying, based on the competition and who the front office has to decide upon in the next few weeks, perhaps it is Williams who gets DFA'd -- but he does have an MLB contract as is pointed out and it would not make sense to let some team pick him up as a 5th starter and only have to pay the MLB minimum of his contract for the rest of 2013. So there's that.

Performance wise, he would have been off my list of 25 to start the season.......but, hey. we can have different takes on this stuff.

Geez.  Didn't realize that expressing my thoughts about the roster spots would get so exciting (and heated).

My position on Jerome Williams dates back to last year, I don't think he pitched very well for the Halos as a spot starter and did not seem to be able to achieve the prior success he had when he came out of nowhere as a reclamation project (had pitched previously in the bigs with SF Giants, but in MLB terms that's almost another career ago) for the Halos and back filled a rotation sport racked by injuries............since then -- and really, since he had to come out of that one game with a health issue prompted by the the high temperature (can't remember where the game was? New York?), he really has not been the same pitcher.

No one can claim his 2013 ST was anything close to good -- I suggest he had more than just two bad outings..........seemed to do ok in the Freeway series game he pitched in.

All I am saying, based on the competition and who the front office has to decide upon in the next few weeks, perhaps it is Williams who gets DFA'd -- but he does have an MLB contract as is pointed out and it would not make sense to let some team pick him up as a 5th starter and only have to pay the MLB minimum of his contract for the rest of 2013. So there's that.

Performance wise, he would have been off my list of 25 to start the season.......but, hey. we can have different takes on this stuff.

Lol. In case you haven't figured it out yet, that was Jerome's wife that was replying to you.