• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aside from Pujols and Ibanez....

...things are looking pretty good.

- Trout is hitting well. Over his last 17 games and 75 PA he's hitting .377/.440/.689 with a Ruthian 207 wRC+.

- Calhoun is out of his slump and doing well.

- Hamilton seems to have left off where he started the season: hitting the crap out of the ball.

- Most of the complementary position players are doing well.

- The rotation is solid, including Garret Richards re-finding his earlier form and Santiago having a very encouraging start.

- The bullpen is...solid.

- The Angels just won a series vs. Oakland!

So despite the train-wreck that is Raul Ibanez and overpaid mediocrity that is Albert Pujols, and that four game losing streak, things are looking up. Last eight games: 6-2. Last six: 5-1.

Agreed AJ. Trout seems to have remembered hes trout. If sosh wkuld figure out pujols is no longer pujols, maybe we finally see trout and hamilton hit back to back....thats about as good (if not the best) duos in baseball (assuming hamilton at worst continues to do his normal (minus last year).

The bullpen, like you said, is still flawed, but not nearly last years train wreck. The starters have been very solid.

The big thing for me is how well the no names have done. Everyone of the lesser known guys has had a big hand in the success so far

They are one dominant pen arm from the bullpen being very good.  Right now they are mediocre.

I am not a fan of David Freese.  

Many may disagree, but at some point this season, Pujols will be a dynamic offensive player for at least a couple of months.  It may not look like there is a chance for that, but I think this might be the new Pujols where he has the stretches of horrible among stretches of really really good.

Ibanez is done.  

I would love to see Green back up to play third. He could hit either second behind Calhoun or sixthother 4-6 weeks from now. behind Pujols. Trout should have been hitting third all season with Hamilton fourth. Freeze can play Third or first once or twice a week and Cowgill can back up the outfielders. Of course this will never happen because Sosh doesn't have the balls to move Albert from the three spot or dump Ibanez now not an

They are one dominant pen arm from the bullpen being very good.  Right now they are mediocre.

I am not a fan of David Freese.  

Many may disagree, but at some point this season, Pujols will be a dynamic offensive player for at least a couple of months.  It may not look like there is a chance for that, but I think this might be the new Pujols where he has the stretches of horrible among stretches of really really good.

Ibanez is done.  

I might be overly optimistic, but I agree with you. Hope you're right anyway.

Freese has been a big disappointment.  Offense is poor and defense not much better. Never, ever should this guy be hitting above #6 in the lineup.  Perhaps the Angels will learn their lesson about St Louie castoffs. 

Enough said about Pujols, he looks done to me.  Perhaps a spurt or 2, but nothing to warrant hitting behind Trout.  Move Trout to 3rd in the order, Hamilton, Cron, Pujols... (I know, never happen with Scioscia)

Rotation and BP have been better than expected.  With some RISP consistency the Angels could make a run. 

On this board Scioscia would be the most hated in a landslide. At least if Pujols has a great week or two we can call him streaky. If the Angels win a bunch over the course of a week or two, the people on here will just say they win in spite of Mike, or with that payroll of course he should win.