• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green question

So at the start of the season in AAA he was rotating through the infield positions presumably in preparation for a utility role in the bigs at some stage. So with him being called up but riding the bench most days and playing only LF, do you think that is to his benefit or would he be better getting more at bats and more games at SS and 3B down with the Bees? 

Im assuming thats going to happen when Josh comes back? 

I would assume Ibanez goes.  Cron is ready, and I think he is going to be a critical part of this team deep into this season.  I'd be shocked if he were to be sent down.

But yeah Green has been very impressive in the box, and gives Sciosh more defensive flexibility.

I really like the way this team is shaping up.  Ibanez is the guy who doesn't really fit where they're going, imo.

If they send down a guy who's hitting .480 against LHP to keep Ibanez, that would be the stupidest move since sending down Jered Weaver, who was 6-0 with a 1.12 ERA, to keep his brother who was 3-10 with a 6.29 ERA. Since Sosh is still the manager, I'm sure it will happen.

I don't get the management's fascination with Ibanez.  Granted, I'm not in the dugout so I don't get to see what else he contributes to the team but his contributions on the field are easily replaceable, and replaceable by somebody with more versatility and upside than he offers.  

He must be a helluva dugout presence if they want to keep him.  

Sending Grant Green or CJ Cron, or any other youngster would be the one sure way of sending this team back to underachieving mediocrity. The Angels' recent success is because of the young guys who have delivered.

I don't get the management's fascination with Ibanez. Granted, I'm not in the dugout so I don't get to see what else he contributes to the team but his contributions on the field are easily replaceable, and replaceable by somebody with more versatility and upside than he offers.

He must be a helluva dugout presence if they want to keep him.

Ibañez is an asset, and while I'm unsure of the extent of his influence on the team, I recognize his value as a mentor for these young budding players Edited by failos

Don't let your hate blind reality. The GM decides who stays and who goes down.

If they send down a guy who's hitting .480 against LHP to keep Ibanez, that would be the stupidest move since sending down Jered Weaver, who was 6-0 with a 1.12 ERA, to keep his brother who was 3-10 with a 6.29 ERA. Since Sosh is still the manager, I'm sure it will happen.

Managers don't make those decisions. 

There was no reason to sign Raul Ibanez at age 42. His performance this year proves it and he is not going to suddenly flip a switch and become productive. Hopefully this is his last home stand and the Angels do the smart thing and cut him loose to put a player on the bench that can contribute.

There was no reason to sign Raul Ibanez at age 42. His performance this year proves it and he is not going to suddenly flip a switch and become productive. Hopefully this is his last home stand and the Angels do the smart thing and cut him loose to put a player on the bench that can contribute.

But he can't leave yet, I thought he was learning to bunt against the over shift, LOL.  He could be our BAOSG (bunting against over shift) guy.