• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's your Trout concern level?

as we sit here on May 20th, with Trout at .263 and on pace for just over 200 K's. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being 'he's still going to win the MVP this year" and 10 being "oh my god he's Vernon Wells".

Personally, I'm at about a 4 or 5.  I think he'll be fine, but the K's do have me concerned.

Following year?

That isn't reassuring for this year. We can't have Trout's slump much longer. He needs to break out of it this year.

They must have been worried about Stan Musial in 1947 when, as late as June 2nd, he was hitting just .202.

He ended the season hitting .312 and the following year was National League MVP.

Was about to make a thread with that but noticed it in here. Good link, nate

From watching him all year, it makes sense that his timing isn't quite right. His plate discipline hasn't really changed much from the prior few years(not swinging at more pitches outside the zone, etc). HE's simply swinging through stuff that he normally wouldn't be. Hopefully Trout gets his timing back soon

Edited by bloodbrother

Well I haven't been hearing the MVP...MVP ...MVP chant at the stadium lately so I think that everybody is aware that this is a different Mike Trout in terms of performance. If Miggy continues to hit like he has lately the Mike Trout for MVP discussion will be nonexistent. It's a long season and a lot could happen but currently speaking, Mike Trout is not the best player in baseball.